Minifigure Shipping

Noodlenut

I just recently bought a sealed box of series 11 minifigs for $150 and I am planning on parting it out.  I've already felt through the minifig packs and confirmed with dot codes and I just need to sell them.  I've sold a few to friends, but I don't even have an ebay account yet.  I've been thinking about using a padded envelope to ship them.  Does anybody know how expensive that is?  Any advise would be very helpful.

Guest TabbyBoy

In the UK, these would go in a small padded envelope (cost pennies) with a first class stamp costing 60p.  If I were to sell these on eBay, I'd post free to attract buyers.

I've always sent minifigures through the mail with bubble envelopes and have never had a problem.  You can get them in bulk to save on your shipping costs as opposed to getting them in small quantity since it looks like you'll be sending a few out.   Selling figures is probably a good way to get your ebay rating up as well before you try to sell larger sets.

I just bought these. http://www.amazon.com/000-BUBBLE-MAILER-PADDED-ENVELOPES-100/dp/B001G6U4JE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1382112547&sr=8-2&keywords=bubble+mailers+4x8 Great deal for about $0.12 each. I charge a flat rate of $2 for shipping on minifigs, and a single figure costs $1.69 to ship first class. Don't mail with stamps - it will go through the bulk mailing sorter and your envelope can get holes in it. I also put loose figures in one of these bags first as well, although you won't have to do that with a CMF. http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Pro-Poly-Team-Bags/dp/B00095NR1K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382112689&sr=8-1&keywords=team+bags

• Like 1

I just bought these. http://www.amazon.com/000-BUBBLE-MAILER-PADDED-ENVELOPES-100/dp/B001G6U4JE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1382112547&sr=8-2&keywords=bubble+mailers+4x8 Great deal for about $0.12 each. I charge a flat rate of $2 for shipping on minifigs, and a single figure costs $1.69 to ship first class. Don't mail with stamps - it will go through the bulk mailing sorter and your envelope can get holes in it. I also put loose figures in one of these bags first as well, although you won't have to do that with a CMF. http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Pro-Poly-Team-Bags/dp/B00095NR1K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382112689&sr=8-1&keywords=team+bags

These are the same exact ones I use. I don't think you can get them for much lower.

Can I get tracking for a padded envelope?

You get tracking for first class package, the $1.69 (online price) mentioned earlier for up to 3 ounces.

I wrap minifigs in one sheet of additional bubblewrap inside the bubble mailer. I "roll" the fig up in the center line of the sheet, then fold one loose end over the front of the fig, one loose end over the back of the fig, and use one long strip of tape to secure the whole thing (easy for the buyer to cut off/tear). Then, I wrap the 1/2 sheet of paper packing slip around it, slide the whole thing into the bubble mailer (which I've already taped the label to), slide it far enough down to make it easy to close flap, reinforce the flap with one more strip of package tape this time, and it makes a nice, bulky, bomb and postal-proof package.

• Like 1

How would I do that?  I'm really new to all of the shipping stuff. 

PayPal, stamps.com,endicia.com,ebay if you sell the items there, etc. They all have their own shipping options.

What I would do is start reading the tutorials and help pages. If you're going to sell on eBay, go read all the seller help pages. Twice. :-) Put up a couple thing and sell them. eBay will send you prompts on how to do the shipping after you sell.

It's not hard, but it is complicated, and it does take some time and effort to make sure you're getting off on the right foot.

• Like 1

How would I do that?  I'm really new to all of the shipping stuff. 

You're selling them on ebay right? Once you list and sell them (and get paid) you will see something like this:

Untitled-2.png

BUT, where it says Leave Feedback it will say "Print Shipping Label". Just follow the steps, select 1st Class mail if under 3 oz and print. Once you actually do it you will see ebay makes it pretty easy.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...