Hold FB & GE or trade for LOTR?!

Ok, so ive had numerous FB and GE sitting in a closet for years! Should i keep holding onto them and wait for them to retire, i imagine i should be soon, or should i return a couple of them and get a LEGO gift card and use it to buy some LOTR sets i know will retire soon?

I feel i have to much $ tied up in these modulars and with how long they have been around they may not retire for quite awhile and even if they do the market is probably so flooded with them i dont see the price going up for a LONG time and when it does i just picture them selling for like $200 on ebay, barely enough to make any kind of profit at all.

Actually since TLG put the kibosh on any kind of discounts for exclusives, you might be able to unload a couple and break even, if you purchased them smartly. They're actually getting kind of rare on ebay already, and none listed are at or below retail. If I had more than 3 of each, I'd dump one of each and get some HDs before they're all gone.

Actually since TLG put the kibosh on any kind of discounts for exclusives, you might be able to unload a couple and break even, if you purchased them smartly. They're actually getting kind of rare on ebay already, and none listed are at or below retail. If I had more than 3 of each, I'd dump one of each and get some HDs before they're all gone.

I do have a couple of each, got most in the $130-140 range, might take 1 or two back, i just feel HD or other LOTR sets have more potential.

I`d hold as well. They will be gone soon more then likely, and then up goes the value. It sounds a bit like you are uneasy about seeing the sets, but not too much value yet. If that be the case, my advice is to hold. Cashing them out because of this is not a good idea usually. They will not bust, and once gone, they have no where to go but up. 

I`d hold as well. They will be gone soon more then likely, and then up goes the value. It sounds a bit like you are uneasy about seeing the sets, but not too much value yet. If that be the case, my advice is to hold. Cashing them out because of this is not a good idea usually. They will not bust, and once gone, they have no where to go but up. 

ok y'all convinced me ill just leave them int he closet and let them keep taking up space for another couple years *sigh*