What if The Monster Fighters theme is only a Halloween theme and if is nowhere to be found on retail shelves after October? Has TLG said anything about this (doubtful) or has anyone heard of any rumored 2013 MF sets? I just can see the theme doing well all year around. Then again kids are always into monsters and stuff like that. Who knows.......I sure dont!! I picked up a haunted house at retail price, just didnt feel like waiting around for a sale. Most of the sales are online anyway and I am done for a while dealing with damaged boxes and broken hearts. My amatuer advice is pick up at least one now just in case, then when and if they are still around and go on sale scoop up multiples.

I agree that if there is something you really want, pick it up when you can. I think a lot of people miss out on things because they always find a way to justify waiting just a little longer. A Haunted House is very very high on my list, but it has to take a number until I get my hands on a Tower Bridge and a Grand Emporium.

What if The Monster Fighters theme is only a Halloween theme and if is nowhere to be found on retail shelves after October? Has TLG said anything about this (doubtful) or has anyone heard of any rumored 2013 MF sets? I just can see the theme doing well all year around. Then again kids are always into monsters and stuff like that. Who knows.......I sure dont!! I picked up a haunted house at retail price, just didnt feel like waiting around for a sale. Most of the sales are online anyway and I am done for a while dealing with damaged boxes and broken hearts. My amatuer advice is pick up at least one now just in case, then when and if they are still around and go on sale scoop up multiples.

Man, I wish they would retire this set right after Halloween, it would be ridiculous in the aftermarket but we all know that won't happen unfortunately

dschooley, where are you from? I should clarify that Minnesota is beautiful in the fall, and that I like living here. It's just crazy how up and down the weather can be. Just last week we went from 79 degrees to 45 degrees basically overnight. You never know what you're going to get around here and it can be hard to plan things. Even the weather guys only get it right around 40% of the time. It's not like San Diego where you can count on it being sunny and 72 every day. :) But yeah, there is a lot of great stuff in the Twin Cities area. The MOA LEGO store played a huge roll in jumpstarting where I am at as well.

The LEGO Group likes to make money and if the Monster Fighters theme is making money and is popular, it will be around for awhile. If sales disappoint, it might be gone after Halloween. LOL. But, I believe the Haunted House will be a big money maker for them.

I hear what you are saying Ed about popularity and sales, but if that were true, then wouldn't they continue the Ninjago theme? :-)

dschooley, where are you from?

I am from Iowa, but currently reside in Memphis, TN. The reason we first started going to Minnesota though is that we have relatives that live in Mankato. I agree with you about the weather, and I sure would not want to visit in the late fall or winter. I have become assimilated to the Memphis warmth. :-)

I hear what you are saying Ed about popularity and sales, but if that were true, then wouldn't they continue the Ninjago theme? :-)

Even though in an earlier thread I posted that one of the lego store employees claimed to me that ninjago would be gone at the end of the year, I saw the list of the 2013 rumored sets, it was on some website I stumbled upon the other day and now I can't find it to post in the forum, there were like 7 or 8 sets listed....wish I remembered what site it was :(