Lego Shop order on hold?

Lockblock

So there I was on the Lego Shop website, ordering 10x each series 2 Friends pets because they were on sale (3.98 USD).  I checked my email for the shipping confirmation so I can roll in all of the VIP points that I received and I get a message saying I had to call customer service.

They wanted me to verify all kinds of info (address, CC#, etc.) because the size of the order.  Couple of questions:

1. Is this standard with larger orders with them?

2. Do collectors/investors not order big from the site?  Was this a rookie mistake?

3. Could this procedure pertain to their concern about resellers?

4. Am I now on some kind of Lego Group watch list?  I kid...kinda.

Asante sana!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure I'm ordering nowhere near as much as some of you. It's only my third online order since the 1st Holiday promo started and I've already gotten the "Customer Service" thing. And of course few hours later I got an auto email confirming they have received my order. What!?

10428084946_26bcb12d4e_o.png
You can see historically I don't order from LEGO Shop at Home very often, and all my recent orders have been small.

My October 18 order totalled $99.01 (came with xmas tree stand); I waited til the Ewok Village I ordered on Oct 21 was shipped with BOTH the xmas tree stand and SW trooper figure before I placed the Oct 22 order today -- which consisted of just the Arkham Asylum.

All my orders are different and consisted of one of each set. I don't know what's the problem!?

I emailed LEGO CS and just waiting for a response.

It's probably nothing, Lego just has occasional backlogs in processing orders. They MIGHT be manually stripping same-month orders of the free stuff (holiday set in this case) because they MIGHT be starting to enforce a one-per-household rule.

Or, they might just have a backlog and it's no big deal.

• Like 1

It's probably nothing, Lego just has occasional backlogs in processing orders. They MIGHT be manually stripping same-month orders of the free stuff (holiday set in this case) because they MIGHT be starting to enforce a one-per-household rule.

Hopefully the former!

I find it so ironic that since I've started shopping more from them in the last couple of months (thanks to the VW, 2x VIP and holiday bonuses) the more anal they've become. 

I recently placed a LEGO Shop at Home order for one big set (Arkham Asylum) and one small set (Halloween accessory kit), and when I checked the status of the order, it said "customer service." However, I never needed to call them or anything. Within two days, the order had shipped. I've placed two more orders since, and both have gone through just fine. Probably just a random audit.

• Like 1