Can you combine shipping with BIN listings?

seapotato

I think ebay recently changed some things, so if someone wants to do Buy It Now, they have to pay via Paypal right away? I'm not sure though - is there a way to have someone buy multiple items via BIN and they pay in one invoice?

I just had someone buy 4 items, and pay seperately, and I said I would refund the difference for the combined shipping, but I realize 30cents is taken out of every transaction. Probably too late now, but I'd like to know for future sales.

If they use the shopping cart and then pay the seller all at once, they can get any combined shipping discount the seller has set up (or can request a total from the seller if the seller does it manually after the sale) and the seller will receive only one PayPal purchase.

If they simply hit "Buy it Now", they're going to buy it now, no combo (eBay is in the process of eliminating the "commit to buy" on the Buy it Now items. I don't know if they've finished that rollout, or how it affects eBay.ca, though). 

What eBay needs to do is remove the stupid "Buy it Now" button entirely, so that buyers know to put the items in the blessed cart just like every other eCommerce site ever devised by man or mutant, and then nobody gets confused and ends up paying three times for three items from the same seller.

For future refunds, simply refund anything you feel they're due for overpayment on shipping, but reserve the .30/transaction fee to cover your costs on the PayPal transactions, if you're concerned about them.

• Like 1