Government Shutdown - In LEGO Form

comicblast

The Atlantic Wire has just released a little narrative of the US government shutdown...in LEGO form! I think this does a pretty good job of explaining what the problems are, and how the government is "trying" to solve those issues. 

**THIS POST IS NOT MEANT TO SPARK POLITICAL DEBATE. ITS SOLE PURPOSE IS FOR HUMOR AND THE SAKE OF SHARING.** Thank you for your cooperation. :D

• Like 1

I asked my wife to approve of me buying ALL the legos at target for investment despite financial cuts we've had.

She said No. Find ones on sale and only those ones. Brickpicker says never pay retail.

I said NO i want the whole package or nothing.

She said NO, only the ones on sale!

I said NO. the whole package or im not coming home......

So here i sit. Too broke to buy a pretzel and too hungry to walk home. With no legos at all.

• Like 1

The Atlantic Wire has just released a little narrative of the US government shutdown...in LEGO form! I think this does a pretty good job of explaining what the problems are, and how the government is "trying" to solve those issues. 

**THIS POST IS NOT MEANT TO SPARK POLITICAL DEBATE. ITS SOLE PURPOSE IS FOR HUMOR AND THE SAKE OF SHARING.** Thank you for your cooperation. :D

Well I for one this this post is clearly meant to spark political debate and nothing I see above really sways me to think otherwise.

Solution: Move to Canada. End of debate.

I miss the times when I would watch south park and they would make jokes about Canada and their free healthcare, etc. Now who's laughing? I seriously may consider it.

That Lego thing is pretty awesome. It reminds me of my analogy I use when someone asks me what party I am part of:

If tasked to screw in a lightbulb, democrats would make committees and more committees to figure out the best way to change the lightbulb. It would get done, just take a long time.

Republicans would immediately find a way to do it and proclaim that this was the only way and it could never be done another way.

Me? I (and probably Canadians) would just screw in the %@&#$*@ lightbulb.

But what do I know about politics? lol

Gotta live on the border, problem solved! :-D

Not sure about that one either...there's going to be a lot of awkward moments at the border.  Border patrol would think I'm smuggling bringing boxes back and forth.  Lego and shipping is cheaper here in the states.  Still the prettiest girl in the dance, cleanest shirt in the laundry, whatever metaphors you can think of.

Canadiens with money aren't using the free system...just like here.  I had a real world experience with their system about 10 years ago.  My wife, 2 friends and I were headed Back home from Montreal.  We were there for a week for gambling, drinking and ok....fine......the limp bizkit, eminem, and xibit show too!

Anyways...started snowing a LOT. First snow of season...and wasn't expected.   Driving my rear drive---non traction control  ls400 with 17 inch steamrollers in the back was no fun.  Coming around a turn on the highway there was a multicar accident.  I braked hard, went down a mountain, hit a drain culvert and flipped the car trunk over hood 3 times.

Wife and I woke up in back seat (no seatbelts)  with our friends hanging over us like gods...in their seatbelts.  We were on the roof, and water was coming in from a small stream.  We were able to all climb out safely and walk up the mountain to the top where highway 10 was...outside brossard.

We waited no less than 45 mins on the highway...well over an hour after the crash. Police finally showed up..no ambulance.  We were all cut and my wife was throwing up....one friend had a big cut with glass in his hand.  Police said ambulance was going to take too long and drove us all to the medical center.  They took friend right in..cleaned his cut, removed the glass...and didn't need stiches..they gave an ice pack.  My wife...well...here was the issue.   She lost consiousness, and was throwing up....and doctor said she probably had a concussion.  Said we should take her to city for ct scan...but said he wasn't sure how it would work as we were not citizens..and if we were they wouldn't be able to get her in for 3 days...to the earliest appointment.   

We explained we had great health insurance and were willing to pay out of pocket.  He told us it could be up to 3k for the scan...and I told him I could charge it, write a check, or have it wired next day.  He left and came back and said they don't accept money for care..and that this was deemed non emergency and best they could do was 2 days later if we could do 3am!  Doctor was very  honest and friendly.  Told us to get home asap and go to hospital...not to bother with waiting, as we could get better care in us.  He mentioned he was only doing his required residency hours...then moving to america himself to make real money.

So...it wasn't horrible....both injured seen relativey quick...we were at emercency room for over 3 hrs waiting to be seen..but that may have  partly due to not having provincial health cards.  We went home same day.  Wife called her doctor on the way home..and  he said it was crazy that they didn't check wife over at all.  We got home...went right to doctor...did some tricks with a flashlight to the eyes and checked her bumps and  bruises. Found she had a cracked rib with the in office xray..and sent her for a ct scan.  In 30 mins!  Luckily she was fine....but I like my doctor to have financial incentives to take care of us.

We did end up getting  a non citizen bill about 18 months...yes...18 months later.   For about 1800...for the   exams.  Luckily the insurance company paid it.

Also of note:  the appraiser totalled our car obviously up there where we  left it...and  the local office (CA) quoted the loss in USD..but our local US agent assumed it was CAD...and marked it up 20% or whatever the exchange rate was then.   Nice pay day.....I tell you I was rollin rollin rollin..

http://www.sfgate.com/opinion/openforum/article/Why-Canadian-premier-seeks-health-care-in-U-S-3198150.php

• Like 1

I had an experience with u.s, healthcare once...I paid an insurance company $350 a month for 13 years. Then when I had a hospital stay, the insurance company denied my claim until my lawyer called them. Suddenly my claim was legitimate and they paid it. Then I got the bill for my $3000 deductible.

USA! USA! USA! Pbbbbt.

Canadiens with money aren't using the free system...just like here.  I had a real world experience with their system about 10 years ago.  My wife, 2 friends and I were headed Back home from Montreal.  We were there for a week for gambling, drinking and ok....fine......the limp bizkit, eminem, and xibit show too!

Anyways...started snowing a LOT. First snow of season...and wasn't expected.   Driving my rear drive---non traction control  ls400 with 17 inch steamrollers in the back was no fun.  Coming around a turn on the highway there was a multicar accident.  I braked hard, went down a mountain, hit a drain culvert and flipped the car trunk over hood 3 times.

Wife and I woke up in back seat (no seatbelts)  with our friends hanging over us like gods...in their seatbelts.  We were on the roof, and water was coming in from a small stream.  We were able to all climb out safely and walk up the mountain to the top where highway 10 was...outside brossard.

We waited no less than 45 mins on the highway...well over an hour after the crash. Police finally showed up..no ambulance.  We were all cut and my wife was throwing up....one friend had a big cut with glass in his hand.  Police said ambulance was going to take too long and drove us all to the medical center.  They took friend right in..cleaned his cut, removed the glass...and didn't need stiches..they gave an ice pack.  My wife...well...here was the issue.   She lost consiousness, and was throwing up....and doctor said she probably had a concussion.  Said we should take her to city for ct scan...but said he wasn't sure how it would work as we were not citizens..and if we were they wouldn't be able to get her in for 3 days...to the earliest appointment.   

We explained we had great health insurance and were willing to pay out of pocket.  He told us it could be up to 3k for the scan...and I told him I could charge it, write a check, or have it wired next day.  He left and came back and said they don't accept money for care..and that this was deemed non emergency and best they could do was 2 days later if we could do 3am!  Doctor was very  honest and friendly.  Told us to get home asap and go to hospital...not to bother with waiting, as we could get better care in us.  He mentioned he was only doing his required residency hours...then moving to america himself to make real money.

So...it wasn't horrible....both injured seen relativey quick...we were at emercency room for over 3 hrs waiting to be seen..but that may have  partly due to not having provincial health cards.  We went home same day.  Wife called her doctor on the way home..and  he said it was crazy that they didn't check wife over at all.  We got home...went right to doctor...did some tricks with a flashlight to the eyes and checked her bumps and  bruises. Found she had a cracked rib with the in office xray..and sent her for a ct scan.  In 30 mins!  Luckily she was fine....but I like my doctor to have financial incentives to take care of us.

We did end up getting  a non citizen bill about 18 months...yes...18 months later.   For about 1800...for the   exams.  Luckily the insurance company paid it.

Also of note:  the appraiser totalled our car obviously up there where we  left it...and  the local office (CA) quoted the loss in USD..but our local US agent assumed it was CAD...and marked it up 20% or whatever the exchange rate was then.   Nice pay day.....I tell you I was rollin rollin rollin..

http://www.sfgate.com/opinion/openforum/article/Why-Canadian-premier-seeks-health-care-in-U-S-3198150.php

Lol willy. For some reason it sparked laughter in me to hear you tell a #%@$ed up story about having a wreck and tying it in to the offhand conversation about Canada and their healthcare. I expected something here about you going off on someone or how you hated someone and it just turned into a very interesting relate-able anecdote. 

Just keep surprising everyone. lol. Well done.