10179 UCS Millenium Falcon

I'm hoping to get some help on a buy I found on Craigslist. I offered 800 on a set with unopened bags and they immediately said yes. He said tape had been peeled back but bags were never opened... How and where can I find out how many bags should be there and what they look like?

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks

Matt

Photos are being sent... Says he doesn't know how to use eBay but it's still worth checking out. With the tape being peeled back but the bags sealed would this be new....like new....used??

Still sounds fishy.  Doesn't know how to use eBay, but they can use CL?  Why would someone be willing to lose over $1000 in a situation like this?  

Guest eightbrick

Still sounds fishy.  Doesn't know how to use eBay, but they can use CL?  Why would someone be willing to lose over $1000 in a situation like this?  

Yeah, the way I see it, either he's gonna get burned or you are. I would be careful with this one.

One could say he/she does not know, but the fact that he is selling it at well above retail value suggests he does know it is very valuable. As a result, I would lean towards scam.

If he had priced it at $400 or so it would be more credible, to me at least

I didn't come across anything that said the number of bags in the Millennium Falcon, but I do know that it should weigh close to 24 pounds. Of course, I'd try to make sure the seller hasn't thrown in any rocks to add weight. 

Now, if I had come across this listing myself, I would have immediately skipped over. It just seems like a A+ example of a "too-good-to-be-true" situation.

If you do end up going forward with this, bring a dozen friends with you...

The 10179s I've gotten off craigslist have always been way under value. Like someone mentioned above, if it's 800 then the guy knows it has value, and thats a bad sign... who wouldnt want to make another 1k. I've gotten two 10179s under initial retail.... thats always safer (they were used). 

If this guy is close then go check it out in a public place, if he wants any payment online or anything else sounds sketchy just don't waste your time. 

• Like 1