Well this is a first...

So I just posted a thread about the Catwoman set going EOL suddenly with no "Retiring Soon" tag ever attached, but there is some other odd business going on too...

9489 - Endor Rebel Trooper & Imperial Trooper Battle Pack was listed as "Retiring Soon" for at least a couple months now.  Within the last few days, that tag has mysteriously gone missing.  The status on LEGO Shop at Home is still "Sold Out," but apparently it is no longer retiring???

My officialy stance is that Lego pulled a fast one on us.  When I first saw that "Retiring Soon" tag on this set, the first thing I did was ****** up 12 of them when they were on sale for $10 at Target.  I'm guessing I am not the only one who did this.

The "Retiring Soon" tag continues to frustrate the crap outta me...

Guest TabbyBoy

I know LEGO are sneaky which is why I ignore any EOL rumours or "Retiring Soon" tags.  I just buy what I like at the time when I feel that the price is right.

9489 - Endor Rebel Trooper & Imperial Trooper Battle Pack was listed as "Retiring Soon" for at least a couple months now.  Within the last few days, that tag has mysteriously gone missing.  The status on LEGO Shop at Home is still "Sold Out," but apparently it is no longer retiring???

If it had both tags, retiring soon and sold out, and now it only has sold out, it's very likely that it went away.

IIRC, Lego does not tag their products as "It's gone EOL" or "too bad you missed your chance", I think that "Sold out" with no clear text stating that it'll come back in stock on a certain date means retired.

Bottom line is that if you want a set, you better buy the set.  Trying to figure out EOL dates and paying attention to the "Retiring Soon" moniker is a waste of time IMO.  Most people never have a clue and even if they have the information directly from LEGO(which I have seen myself), there is always a window on the proposed EOL dates.  

• Like 1