Winter Toy Shop - 10199 - EOL

Hi, Was in local Lego shop and staff there indicated that the 2009 winter toy shop set will not be released (as it was last year) this year and only the winter bakery and post office would be re-released with the new much larger and much more expensive winter cottage set this year. So I guess in the UK this has gone EOL. Seems to be lots of them around on ebay though, but none on Amazon UK Luckily I have a few.

Hi,

Was in local Lego shop and staff there indicated that the 2009 winter toy shop set will not be released (as it was last year) this year and only the winter bakery and post office would be re-released with the new much larger and much more expensive winter cottage set this year. So I guess in the UK this has gone EOL.

Seems to be lots of them around on ebay though, but none on Amazon UK

Luckily I have a few.

Looks like it the set is EOL, or very close to it. Great set. The Holiday themes do very, very well in the secondary market.

I called shop@home hoping to score a few for MSRP but alas, none in stock and the rep said they weren't scheduled to receive any more either. She told me to try some of their partners, like Walmart, Amazon, Toys r Us, and Target.

Damn.

I wasn't even aware that these holiday sets were re-released. I have noticed the Toy shop is the only one that has really gone up in value. I see that the Winter Village Bakery and the Post Office haven't increased in value, is this because the Bakery and Post Office are expected to be re-released this year??

• 8 months later...

OK, so seeing how this has gone over the past 6 months, what do people think of it? We have seen the price rises, but where do people think the ceiling might be for it?
I have one in my personal collection, but even at the higher prices now I am considering pulling the trigger on more sets.

Guest ph4tb0i

OK, so seeing how this has gone over the past 6 months, what do people think of it? We have seen the price rises, but where do people think the ceiling might be for it?

I have one in my personal collection, but even at the higher prices now I am considering pulling the trigger on more sets.

I pulled the trigger on a bakery and post office for 100/95 a piece. I think there's room for these to grow, particularly as more people become aware of the winter village line since I think Lego is definitely continuing to release new sets for it (so I think it's solidified as a long term series just like the Modulars are). 

You can bundle a bunch of buildings with one of those 7938s you got and sell them as christmas specials! :D

I pulled the trigger on a bakery and post office for 100/95 a piece. I think there's room for these to grow, particularly as more people become aware of the winter village line since I think Lego is definitely continuing to release new sets for it (so I think it's solidified as a long term series just like the Modulars are). 

You can bundle a bunch of buildings with one of those 7938s you got and sell them as christmas specials! :D

Something about the 7938 just doesn't scream Christmas, other than it's colour :P

Oh of course unless it is for parents to buy for their children!

I agree with the Bakery and Post office with still having room to grow, just it is the Toy Shop I am specifically eyeing off.

I remember our deal :) January 2014 don't forget lol