What is your Open Case to Sales percentage?

Just curious - I am about to hit 400 sales and I have had 3 cases opened. Just wanted to see for those who sell quite a bit if they have a lot opened.

1. One was my fault - put the wrong head on a minifigure - easily resolved.

2. Someone came back and said it was missing pieces - but they didn't pay attention to the listing

3. One of my items was damaged during shipping - I refunded part of their money

Just wanted to see if this is normal, I am unlucky, lucky, etc. I am mostly parting sets out and buying lots and reselling individually.

I've been at since 2000 buying and selling. For the most part they seem to come in waves. I'll have about 3-4 a year and they are always spaced roughly all within 1 months time frame. As for the parting out, just make sure you aren't misleading anyone(like with a full box picture, but it only includes 1 minifig) which I doubt you are. Anymore when buying you really have to read the description and not base it off pictures, especially with lego. I'm sure next month you'll be golden. 

On a last note, buyers seem illiterate on ebay a lot anymore.

Keep in mind that with the new eBay "contact your seller" form, a lot of buyers now "open cases" without meaning to open cases - they just want to ask a question after the purchase.

I've sold something over 2200 items on eBay this year and have had three or four returns and two or three opened cases so far.

Keep in mind that with the new eBay "contact your seller" form, a lot of buyers now "open cases" without meaning to open cases - they just want to ask a question after the purchase.

I've sold something over 2200 items on eBay this year and have had three or four returns and two or three opened cases so far.

Right yea - which is something I was used to when I sold before as well.

Haven't had any returns, but people don't read descriptions and that becomes an issue. Lol

Speaking of cases - Just bought a hogwarts castle for $160, but buyer now says they don't want to sell it. Curious... as I bought it pretty quick.

It happens when they think they can get more for it. You can report them as a non-performing seller if you want, or give them a break if you want, your call.

I've had a handful of cases opened this year. One item completely lost in shipping, only to have the empty box returned to me with a marking saying it was returned to sender because it was empty. According to the tracking it made it to their local PO only to be sent all the way back to me in NC from CA... stupid if you ask me.

I've had a handful of cases opened this year. One item completely lost in shipping, only to have the empty box returned to me with a marking saying it was returned to sender because it was empty. According to the tracking it made it to their local PO only to be sent all the way back to me in NC from CA... stupid if you ask me.

So, how'd it work out in the end? Did you have to give a refund and take a loss?

I don't open any cases, I leave them all sealed as that would reduce their value... wait... what's going on here...?   :twitch:  :D

bp_1380754236__corn.jpg

Yup, someone opened a case with me over slow shipping. I told them to wait, and in a few days it arrived.  :sick:

I have had a couple of people leave feedback like "great! Slow shipping though".

Thing is, these people bought something on a Friday. I shipped it monday, got there Wednesday. How is that slow!?!?!?

Guest eightbrick

So, how'd it work out in the end? Did you have to give a refund and take a loss?

Sounds pretty fishy to me but I guess sometimes you just have to trust them.