Whats the Fun of this?

Guest TabbyBoy

This guy is having a laugh so, I've offered him $50 with free shipping to the UK but, congratulated him on having a nice clean carpet

Knowing these sets are not going to stay assembled during shipment.

I bought a used HH for $100  (missing two figs) and they sent it to me assembled. Put it in a garbage bag, covered with bubble tape and put it in box. Still came apart.

$175 for the Haunted House and $325 worth of packing materials to keep it in one piece during shipping.

Lol - it has a steel encasing around it.

Wow, he better hope that the postal service is extra carful with these. SNAD case could realistically be opened if only 1-2 pieces are out of place, if someone wants to get specific about it, since it is being advertised as fully completed/ready to display. The idea isn`t a bad one in itself, but honestly I`m surprised anyone is actually doing it.  

I'm not sure how often you guys read articles by news agencies about LEGO's being expensive, but one of the primary complaints I've read about is parents saying that their kids "Build once, then put aside/destroy" their LEGO sets, promptly wasting their money. Now here comes someone who will build your set for you. Whoop-dee-doo! Now it's only "Put aside/destroy"! Now for a very large set, like the SSD, I do understand, since not everyone can afford to spend hours upon hours building a set, but I don't see how in the world it would stay together without some glue or tape or adhesive ingredient added to the bunch.

I'm not sure how often you guys read articles by news agencies about LEGO's being expensive, but one of the primary complaints I've read about is parents saying that their kids "Build once, then put aside/destroy" their LEGO sets, promptly wasting their money. Now here comes someone who will build your set for you. Whoop-dee-doo! Now it's only "Put aside/destroy"! Now for a very large set, like the SSD, I do understand, since not everyone can afford to spend hours upon hours building a set, but I don't see how in the world it would stay together without some glue or tape or adhesive ingredient added to the bunch.

Or why someone would pay someone that amount of money to do it.

I could buy a used one on Ebay for under MSRP and probably built already.

I think Beavis and Butthead came up with this. I also think the person has got all wet and excited at his ingenious plan to make himself an entrepreneur by enslaving his "wife and son" to build the Lego while he smiles and takes pictures. You know what i'm getting at. :devil:  

Who is married to a woman and not enslaved themselves :)

As a dad who is not home sometimes to build legos for my 4yr who cant yet (but loves to play with them) i can see the usefulness of a built kit.

Picture this: Deployed to OEF OIF for a year in the combat zone. Your kids want an At-TE walker but your wife cant build it and neither can your kids. You could have it flown into and out of a FOB bunker via helicopter and broken.

Orrr pay some entrepreneuring soul to build it and ship it for you in your name so your kids get it on their doorstep "from dad"

Sounds good.

As a dad who is not home sometimes to build legos for my 4yr who cant yet (but loves to play with them) i can see the usefulness of a built kit.

Picture this: Deployed to OEF OIF for a year in the combat zone. Your kids want an At-TE walker but your wife cant build it and neither can your kids. You could have it flown into and out of a FOB bunker via helicopter and broken.

Orrr pay some entrepreneuring soul to build it and ship it for you in your name so your kids get it on their doorstep "from dad"

Sounds good.

True I can see that. Would you pay 3X retail for that though?

I would buy it - have it shipped to one of my friends houses, pay them a  50 to build it and leave it on my doorstep.

Edit: They did get an offer. Wonder what it was.

This guy is having a laugh so, I've offered him $50 with free shipping to the UK but, congratulated him on having a nice clean carpet

True I can see that. Would you pay 3X retail for that though?

I would buy it - have it shipped to one of my friends houses, pay them a  50 to build it and leave it on my doorstep.

Edit: They did get an offer. Wonder what it was.

TabbyBoy's joke offer. :thumbsup:

And I'm sure there are plenty of people that would help out a member of our military personnel without without charging him or her triple the value...

Well who knows how much one is willing to pay.

As one of my friends who sells old soviet collectibles replies "priced not to sell" meaning he doesnt want to waste time on lookie lous or wishy washy customers. If a guy has enough $ to not care about th price then he probably wont be a problem customer.