Lego policy re VW polybag

jeff_14

I went to my local Lego store today to see what if anything was going on with their VW polybags now that the promotion is over. The clerk told me that they "send them all back". I have not seen any previous promotional polybags show up in the lego store after the promotion is over so I assume he's being honest. I would have been happy to liberate any remaining ones, even at twice the face price of $6.99 CDN that was listed on my receipts in September. Oh well. Now to bide my time until the Christmas promo is available on October 15.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

another employee lie or at least half truth.  They do sell the left over promos usually months later.  I just picked up 4 of the iron man promo last week.  They had at least 20.

another employee lie or at least half truth.  They do sell the left over promos usually months later.  I just picked up 4 of the iron man promo last week.  They had at least 20.

Sometimes it depends on the store. For my local store, they usually send them back and do not sell them in the store.

They do sell the left over promos usually months later.  I just picked up 4 of the iron man promo last week.  They had at least 20.

Same at my store. They had the iron man polybags for sale, the employee told us they sell the polybags if they have any left over. My boyfriend called in today to ask if they had the vw polybags left and they still have some, just can't give them away anymore. I suspect they'll be for sale at a later date.

yea my store was the only one in the province, until a 2nd one open a few cities away just last week. so with the grand opening, the vw campers were gone in 30 minutes. plus that city has more afols than my local store!

Man, that disappointing. My store never runs out of promos. I guess there is not a lot of sales over $75 USD in my store.

Guest TabbyBoy

Since the mini VW camper has been the best polybag in a long time (or ever), I can't imagine many of them being left.  Those that are will be sold out quickly one for sale or maybe even sold for peanuts to newspapers, petrol stations or VW dealerships as promotions?