9450 Epic Dragon Battle or 10219 Maersk Train?

I budgeted around 120 for my next purchase. Which is the best buy right now between the Epic Dragon Battle and the Maersk Train? I almost picked up 2 trains the other day but couldn't find any on the shelf that were pristine so I went with the haunted house..... .can't be mad at that! I will get both eventually but which one should I pick up now?

I budgeted around 120 for my next purchase. Which is the best buy right now between the Epic Dragon Battle and the Maersk Train? I almost picked up 2 trains the other day but couldn't find any on the shelf that were pristine so I went with the haunted house..... .can't be mad at that! I will get both eventually but which one should I pick up now?

This is a very hard decision IMO, I think they both will do great once EOL. When it comes to building I like the train, especially since I'm not a Ninjago guy, but from an investment stand point these Ninjago sets, especially the Epic Dragon Battle will most likely do very well. As far as purchasing right now I kind of lean towards the Maersk train because I think once the new Lego Horizon Express train is released in 2013, it will probably take the place of the Maersk train, meaning the Maersk train could be gone as soon as January, but who knows there could be some overlap of them both being on the shelves at the same time. I have a couple Maersk trains myself because I have a feeling they could end up like the Emerald Night from 09' that I missed, and I'm still kicking myself daily for that. I'm sorry I'm not much help as I'm still in the middle myself and unsure which will be the better investment, I actually would like to pick up an Epic Dragon Battle myself :)

Don't be sorry man.....any input is appreciated! I don't build any of the sets I purchase so the build is of no concern to me. I'm in it for the money until the market tanks lol then I will have a lot of building to do. Speaking of the Emerald Night, why don't you pick one up? You can still get a MISB one on Feebay for 200.00 and it should appreciate more IMO

Don't be sorry man.....any input is appreciated! I don't build any of the sets I purchase so the build is of no concern to me. I'm in it for the money until the market tanks lol then I will have a lot of building to do. Speaking of the Emerald Night, why don't you pick one up? You can still get a MISB one on Feebay for 200.00 and it should appreciate more IMO

"Feebay" haha, so true! Yeah I actually just picked one up about a month ago for right around $200 on ebay, and it is in perfect, pristine condition. Still kills me knowing that in 09' and 10' they were sitting on the shelves at Lego for only $99, but hey you can't win them all.

This is a tough question. I am personally not into Ninjago or trains, but these are both cool sets. I am even interested in Epic Dragon Battle and think it will do well after retirement, based on coolness alone. The problem is, I am still not sold on the long term success of Ninjago. It is doing great now, but it may not stick around long. I think the trains are always going to be a safe bet.