Strange topic but... what's your dad's hobby?

Scissorino

Maybe not your dad, but an influential male in your life?

My dad is a railway modeler and I've begun to recognise likenesses between us, mainly: we're both obsessed by something typically thought of as a boy's toy! 

I looked in his shed today - stacked with boxed up railway models - this shed is big enough to fit a car in.

Is this just a male thing - the collecting? Or does it run in the family?

My dad (now deceased) was really into model ship building. He started out with kits and then completed a few of his own designs.

I definitely got the gene of his that likes building models, so I do think it must run in families.  ; ) 

I suspect if people bother with this thread we will find more and more stories like yours and mine!

Maybe not your dad, but an influential male in your life?

My dad is a railway modeler and I've begun to recognise likenesses between us, mainly: we're both obsessed by something typically thought of as a boy's toy! 

I looked in his shed today - stacked with boxed up railway models - this shed is big enough to fit a car in.

Is this just a male thing - the collecting? Or does it run in the family?

It is funny you say this. My father in law loves anything to do with trains and railways, and as soon as he saw Lego trains in my collection he wanted them. He is in the process of collecting all of them now, and is working on configuring a spare room into a large Lego train setup. Currently running multiples Maersk, Cargo Trains (red and yellow), Passenger Trains and motorized Horizon Express sets. 

My stepfather is into sprint cars and motors, and is constantly tinkering in his shed. My father has a crossword obsession......