I live near the Mall of America, how could I not take up LEGO collecting?!?

I have a very long story as to how I got (back) into LEGO collecting a few months ago, but it is not all that interesting, so I will tell the short version. It pretty much was the result of a trip to the LEGO store at the Mall of America when I took my kids to the park there, and we went in search of LEGO Indiana Jones figures. To my dismay, the sets were long since discontinued, so I had to resort to the secondary market. Needless to say, I was blown away by how the prices and values of LEGOs skyrocket in such a short time. I was also very excited to see all the cool themes that were available, so I instantly picked up where I left off 20 years ago and bought some sets to build. I am also the entrepreneurial sort, so naturally I picked up a few to sit on to appreciate. Fast forward a few months... I have built over a dozen sets, sold over 100 mini figs on eBay, and dropped about $2500 in sets to collect in hopes they appreciate. I am having a blast! I am thankful that my love affair with LEGO was rekindled by a chance encounter while on a trip to MOA! Glad to be back! Aaron Hugo, Minnesota

The only Star Wars sets I currently own are the Desert Skiff and Jabba's Palace. I am one of those collectors who typically tries to get everything that's in a theme, I like to complete everything. Star Wars presents a problem for me on this front. Lol. I do like a lot of the sets though. It would be a dream come true to be able to build a Death Star and Super Star Destroyer!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...