CL lot for 220

mrlinderman

Sorry for the frequent questions, I'm new to this and just want to be safe. A guy on CL is selling old Jabba Star wars sets NISB, includes:

#6210 Jabba's Sail Barge
#4480 Jabba's Palace
#7104 Desert Skiff 
#4475 Jabba's Message
#4476 Jabba's Prize

For 220 total. I think this is a pretty solid deal, and told him I'd take it (he wouldn't budge off his price.) I know the new star wars stuff kind of rehashes these sets, so I can imagine some of these have lost a touch of value.  I think i'm getting a pretty good deal, but not sure. Any input? what could I sell these for if i buy them?

Sorry for the frequent questions, I'm new to this and just want to be safe. A guy on CL is selling old Jabba Star wars sets NISB, includes:

#6210 Jabba's Sail Barge

#4480 Jabba's Palace

#7104 Desert Skiff 

#4475 Jabba's Message

#4476 Jabba's Prize

For 220 total. I think this is a pretty solid deal, and told him I'd take it (he wouldn't budge off his price.) I know the new star wars stuff kind of rehashes these sets, so I can imagine some of these have lost a touch of value.  I think i'm getting a pretty good deal, but not sure. Any input? what could I sell these for if i buy them?

Get into your car and drive down there right now! Run all the redlights and drive 100 down the highway. Free money!!!!

No you don't. The markets with "less competition" also have a lot less quality sellers.

Maybe so, but I don't buy at a high enough volume to be worried about a constant stream of purchasing opportunity. So, on the contrary, I'd prefer to be able to browse CL once a week, see something good once or twice a month, take the time to think about it, and buy it. As it is now, CL is loaded with "in the know" resellers marketing their stuff at 90% of brickpicker worth, and the other 10% are Soccer Mom's selling their kids collections for half price, the latter getting gobbled up within 20 minutes. Seeing as I don't invest for a living, I'd quite prefer the occasional deal that isn't sold the second it's listed as I don't have the time or resources to devote 100 or even 80% of my effort to this "lifestyle". But it would sure as hell be sweet to find a two day old listing for a Hogwarts castle that's still available. Just sayin.