3300003 - LEGO Brand Retail Store

Was able to aquire one of the Lego Promo Store sets from this weekend at the Woodlands,TX store opening. I am trying to decide what to do, sell it? Hold it for long term? Or build it? Any opinions are welcome. If you aren't familiar with this set here is a review of it on EuroBricks. http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=69652

Over the short term, the price of these will most likely fall as more stores open and more of these become available. After (if) they move onto another set, the price will then climb again. Since this is a new set, it would impossible to guess how long they might continue to produce these so it could be a long time before you see the value any higher than it is today.

I say keep it MISB(Mint In Sealed Box). You can always build it and who really knows how many will be produced. I do not have any new LEGO stores opening in my area, so people like myself will have to pay more. Patience...unless you can triple your money...then sell it fast! ;-)

• 4 weeks later...

Thoughts on this wild card? It debuted at stratospheric heights ($250ish) and has since fallen to ca. $100. Is this part of the summer slump, will the few other sets not dumped immediately pick up? I truly can't tell if this gem will be $50 or $500 by Xmas. So I was hoping to solicit some feedback from other 'Pickers... Thoughts on the exclusive minifigs are welcome too! Ten stores opened this year, 3000 store sets and 10 different exclusive minifigs at 300 each: seems like a lot even for the diehard collectors market to absorb.

As LEGO continues to pump out more and more sets every year, my wallet is growing thin and I'm becoming a lot more careful as to where I invest my money. It is getting hard for me to "have it all" as they say. I learned my lesson on the shirtless Darth Maul, which I paid $100 for and is now being given away for free with certain LEGO purchases. I will no longer overspend for these small sets like the Lego Store or minifigures that could or could not be collectible. Why let someone else make the profit? Unless the box, packaging or display has some sort of special number or print, I will put my money into sets that I like and think will appreciate. At least if the bubble bursts on the LEGO investment market, I can enjoy building the sets.

In addition, I have been a known offender of buying these small , so-called, "collectible minifigures." Really, I need to have my head examined. I don't have enough fingers to count how many times I bought one minifigure for $150 and could have bought a 2000 piece Modular Building or STAR WARS set. In the long run, which is the better deal? Thanks for letting me vent and to clear my head. ;-)

I would be willing to bet every set I have that the 3300003 LEGO Store sets will not be worth anywhere near $500 this year or for many years to come. The price decrease is going to continue with every new store opening until they move on to LEGO Store set 3300004. With every store opening, more of these sets become available so there is no way that continuing to add more sets to the market will result in an increase in value for this set in the short term.

By the by, Admin, when I search for 3300003 and click on the blue link beside the Value Snapshot, it reroutes me to the Price Index by theme rather than to the page showing avg prices and recent listings. But yes, I'm kinda bummed that the store nearest me is the very last of the ten to open. The first few really made bank. It's a sharp set, no doubt, guess we'll just have to wait and see if Lego makes more.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I think it has a chance of going up in value if it retires within the next few years. Assuming they open 20 lego retail stores world wide per year, 300 x 20 is just 6,000 units. In 3 years, that's just 18,000 units. I believe that there are more than 18,000 kid fans of lego that would want this set when they grow up. The question is, how many units produced is considered "a lot"