Adult Only Area

StompingFreak

How in the heck would you police that?  I don't think there is any reason for it. 

I understand about the policing of the internet issue, but this is a site about Lego which is a young person's toy. Just no need. And if you can't deal with using appropriate language when it's appropriate, you should work on it. Whether you like it or not, there are going to be a lot of places where it is not acceptable.

Guest eightbrick

I think most of us teenagers (Darth Lego, comicblast, MartinP, etc.) don't mind the use of stronger language, in today's culture its very unlikely that this is the first place someone is going to come across some adult-oriented stuff. My only problem is when people use that kind of language to insult other members. I don't really think it is necessary on a Lego site to have an adult only area.

PS: What's with the tags lol? If you are asking if its okay to post swears and mature content, shouldn't you have saved those for after they approve or disapprove that kind language? It's like punching someone in the face and then asking if it's okay to hit them.

I think most of us teenagers (Darth Lego, comicblast, MartinP, etc.) don't mind the use of stronger language, in today's culture its very unlikely that this is the first place someone is going to come across some adult-oriented stuff. My only problem is when people use that kind of language to insult other members. I don't really think it is necessary on a Lego site.

PS: What's with the tags lol? If you are asking if its okay to post swears and mature content, shouldn't you have saved those for after they approve or disapprove that kind language? It's like punching someone in the face and then asking if it's okay to hit them.

I hear a lot of the stronger language used a lot, but I do not say it often. Mostly because if I say it in school and a teacher hears it, I get detention. I also agree, that it shouldn't be used to insult someone, like when they made a bad purchase in someones opinion.

I think most of us teenagers (Darth Lego, comicblast, MartinP, etc.) don't mind the use of stronger language, in today's culture its very unlikely that this is the first place someone is going to come across some adult-oriented stuff. My only problem is when people use that kind of language to insult other members. I don't really think it is necessary on a Lego site.

tags : had to think of some thing. But on here there is a mod area. So why not for adults? If i Type

Guest idunno101

Personally I don't support this. I get what you're trying to get at Stomping because some people will swear and say "adult" things regularly. I hear a lot of this stuff at school like others have said, but I don't think there's a need or a desire from many people to have an area in the forum so they can say whatever they want without being moderated. Sometimes you have to say stuff on the internet different than how you would say it at home but it makes for a good experience for the whole community of people that visit this site.

Ofcourse you would because you can be polite... I cross the line sometimes aswell... it happens, but if youll write this set is **** noone will moderate you.... well except the profanity filter but there are ways around that eh :P ?

I agree, to a point. My thing is, freedom of speech. Its our God given right. USA, UK we are surposed to be able to say anything about anyone, without issuse. I love all the extra information I have collected from this site. The inventors are very clever people. But I am scared to say a set is ****...or

Personally I don't support this. I get what you're trying to get at Stomping because some people will swear and say "adult" things regularly. I hear a lot of this stuff at school like others have said, but I don't think there's a need or a desire from many people to have an area in the forum so they can say whatever they want without being moderated. Sometimes you have to say stuff on the internet different than how you would say it at home but it makes for a good experience for the whole community of people that visit this site.

I get that, but i don't want to be modded, by someone who has no neutral opinion of my views. If I was to say that there is no God, if you have faith would you be more inclided to edit my post?? (my faith is my own, God, no God, etc). Thats why concreing investments we should be able to say whats a dobbin or not. Stomping

We are not interested in this type of forum. If you would like this, please create a forum/website of your own where you can have these types of discussions without moderation.  There are also many other forums and websites where you can discuss things more openly.  Brickpicker is not the place for this and honestly it would add NO value to our website at all.

Stomping based on what I am reading here, and those awful tags you posted, you have violated our guidelines on posting.  I really don't think Brickpicker we are the website for you.

• Like 2

Guest eightbrick

I agree, to a point. My thing is, freedom of speech. Its our God given right. USA, UK we are surposed to be able to say anything about anyone, without issuse. I love all the extra information I have collected from this site. The inventors are very clever people. But I am scared to say a set is ****...or

We are not interested in this type of forum. If you would like this, please create a forum/website to where you can have these types of discussions without moderation.  There are also many other forums and websites where you discuss things more openly.  Brickpicker is not the place for this.  It would add NO value to our website at all.

Ok. Please Close this item. Stomping