Huge collection for sale 23k

matt1147

I come up with $14,928.38 with current new Brickpicker values. Unless my math is way off, the seller's math is, well, way off.

My pen to paper calculation was $14,336.14........did you eat all your bonbons and get bored and decide to start calculating? Yes his math is way off.......maybe he is asking what he paid for all those sets. Agreed that he is a reseller trying to get out of the game, his description says he bought all the sets for his son who loves Lego but why all the multiples, why are they all sealed and what's up with the vintage sets? I guess it really doesn't really matter. One things for sure its quite a collection.

Outside of a few nice sets, this is like a pictorial review of "what not to buy".

Are you kidding me?  Those Construct-a-Zurgs are all mine!!!

Seriously though, If anyone had a Bricklink store selling by the piece, I could see making a play on this lot.  Keep the "wheat" sets, and add the "chaff" sets to your piece inventory. 

That said, there's no way anyone should come close to offering $23K for this thing. 

It makes you wonder how many people are in this situation and what would happen if they all struggled to unload the sets at the same time.

It's called "a sale" for everyone in a better position to buy. We just had a multi-year example of such a sale in real estate in several normally-desirable markets.

I have no disdain for this seller, I just think his price is wrong for anyone by about $10K, and wrong for the actual target market (another reseller) of a lot like this by at least 18K.