Lego is encouraging third party sellers!

I got this reply from Lego customer service today and thought I would share it.  Note that they tell me later in the email that I might be able to buy it from a third party seller through Amazon.  Interesting....  Confusing policy, Lego!  It sounds like Lego wants third party sellers to fill in their gaps.

Dear Ben, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

We appreciate you taking the time to share with us your disappointment with our LEGO

I got this reply from Lego customer service today and thought I would share it.  Note that they tell me later in the email that I might be able to buy it from a third party seller through Amazon.  Interesting....  Confusing policy, Lego!  It sounds like Lego wants third party sellers to fill in their gaps.

Dear Ben, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

We appreciate you taking the time to share with us your disappointment with our LEGO

Guest eightbrick

Sorry, I'm confused. What was your complaint to them in the first place? That the series 4 of Planet sets is not directly available from them in North America (something I wasn't aware of)?

Sorry, I'm confused. What was your complaint to them in the first place? That the series 4 of Planet sets is not directly available from them in North America (something I wasn't aware of)?

I'm thinking from reading the context of the response Lego gave, he was inquiring as to why Series 4 is not available in the United States or Canada yet available to everyone else for some reason. I would agree this selective regional availability is bulls**t. I mean, how could the line be so uber popular in every other country? I cannot see the line being so selectively popular to cause such a rift especially considering this will be the final release before the curtain is permanently drawn over the entire line and be replaced by the Microfighters theme.

I don't read this the same way.  Lego is volunteering options for you to get an item they aren't selling in North America.  Would you have preferred them to say, sorry.  The End?  America enjoys the greatest availability and pricing in Lego as far as I can tell in the entire world and while I'm disappointed in these not being available I also understand that if they weren't popular in America why sell them here?

Well, I just did a search on Amazon for Series 4 of the Planets line. The lowest price from a third party seller for any one of them is $25 each.

B-wing Starfighter/Endor $25.33

Tantive IV/Alderaan $25.99

Snowspeeder/Hoth $27.00

Oh yeah, Lego. We really have such an ample opportunity presented to buy at such a lovely price from third party resellers because you refuse to offer your own product to us from your online webstore. Thank you so kindly for that. Here is my response.

tumblr_m0mn2hJtkB1qjhv6go1_500.gif

• Like 1

I actually just want to buy them for my kids since I had bought all of the others and the love them. I just wrote to Lego to let them know that I was disappointed I couldn't buy them in the US. The 4th series looks the best of the 4 and I had shown my kids the set from brickset months ago when the pics were posted.

The only way to buy them on Amazon would be through a 3rd party, not directly from amazon.

I actually just want to buy them for my kids since I had bought all of the others and the love them. I just wrote to Lego to let them know that I was disappointed I couldn't buy them in the US. The 4th series looks the best of the 4 and I had shown my kids the set from brickset months ago when the pics were posted.

The only way to buy them on Amazon would be through a 3rd party, not directly from amazon.

They do look the best and I am right with you being irritated.

I was also going to say - Amazon US wont sell them, right?

I have seen 2 of each set for series 2 and 3 vs 30+ during clearance for series 1 at Walmart and Target.  Needless to say, it didn't sell and it's dead money for a retailer.  The buyers at the big box probably didn't bother ordering series 4.  It makes sense for them TLG not bother selling it in the US when you biggest buyers said no.

Same with me in a way. I just wanted to purchase them for my collection but so much for that unless I wish to pay three times as much from a reseller in Japan. (Why are all of these dealers for these Planets in Japan?) That's why the part the letter stated about being able to buy from a third party website such as Amazon is a joke as the site itself does not offer these at all. I'm just trying to figure out why these are allegedly big sellers in every other part of the world but the US and Canada yet still being retired and replaced all the same regardless. If these were really such duds anyway, why did they even bother to release this last wave at all? They could have just cut their losses and called it quits after Series 3.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

Sooooo... How much are you in the US going to be willing to pay for series 4 planets? Seeing a possible opportunity here for us in the UK!

I'm thinking this is the type of situation where BrickClassified would help.  I'm in for $15-$20 max each not happy but no reason to get salty. Anyone across the pond taking orders yet?

Well, I just did a search on Amazon for Series 4 of the Planets line. The lowest price from a third party seller for any one of them is $25 each.

B-wing Starfighter/Endor $25.33

Tantive IV/Alderaan $25.99

Snowspeeder/Hoth $27.00

Oh yeah, Lego. We really have such an ample opportunity presented to buy at such a lovely price from third party resellers because you refuse to offer your own product to us from your online webstore. Thank you so kindly for that. Here is my response.

tumblr_m0mn2hJtkB1qjhv6go1_500.gif

Welcome to what the rest of the world have to deal with. Just be grateful they are small planet sets