"They are building the Millenium Falcon...interior is done"

Sauromosis

I`m not sure what they will do with the next film. So many book stories to be told, and so many new ones to create. I`ll see it just the same no matter they decide to go with. 

Looks like a UCS Falcon remake for Christmas 2014, can't wait to get one!

Should this be the case, I recommend everyone who owns one consider selling asap. Otherwise they are likely to experience and unpleasant decline. 

For the rest of us, YES! We can finally add one into the living room without breaking the bank (crosses fingers).

Guest TabbyBoy

I`m not sure what they will do with the next film. So many book stories to be told, and so many new ones to create. I`ll see it just the same no matter they decide to go with. 

Should this be the case, I recommend everyone who owns one consider selling asap. Otherwise they are likely to experience and unpleasant decline. 

For the rest of us, YES! We can finally add one into the living room without breaking the bank (crosses fingers).

I agree.  It'll be "fun" to watch the panic selling of 10179 if a newer/better/larger UCS version appears.  It may then be a good time to snap up the 10179 as it may still retain value in that it being the first of it's kind especially with extra transactions and builds possibly making it even rarer.  Sadly, I don't have one. ;-(

PS... Since Lego don't want kids to miss out on owning iconing sets, I think it's highly likely that another UCS MF will be released.

Guest TabbyBoy

Lol, listening to the speculation is pretty funny.  I like these threads as much as the bubble ones.

We're all speculators on here and I'm looking forward to 10179's rollercoaster ride.

http://latino-review.com/2013/09/j-j-abrams-building-star-wars-production-spaces-in-l-a/

"All of  post-production and re-shoots are to work around Abrams and Actors schedules. 90% of shooting in London. Also they are building the Millennium Falcon on at Pinewood. Interior is done."

!!!

Wow that is great news. I already see increase in the value of my 10179!

Latino-review has a provern track record for true rumors.

This is the bump 10179s need for the short term because if a UCS Falcon will ever be refreshed, it should be done within 3-5 years. Now will the refresh be as big as 10179, I have no idea. Regardless, Lego knows it will be a MONSTER seller / mover if priced correctly.

You'd have to assume after 30 years the new version is tricked out and looks a bit different from the old Falcon.  If this is Jaicen Solo's tricked out Falcon, and if they do a UCS, will collectors value the old look or the new look?  I guess it depends on how cool it is and what it does in the movies. 

You'd have to assume after 30 years the new version is tricked out and looks a bit different from the old Falcon.  If this is Jaicen Solo's tricked out Falcon, and if they do a UCS, will collectors value the old look or the new look?  I guess it depends on how cool it is and what it does in the movies. 

If a new UCS MF is released and it is greatly diff (looks, name, etc...) than the one we know from the original trilogy,  10179 investors can relax.