Arrival of another Australian

Hi All,

I thought it was time to emerge from the shadows and stop lurking. I have been a Brick Picker member for a while, but only started actively reading the Forum a few weeks back.

I live in the Easter suburbs of Melbourne, and consider myself a Lego hobbyist. Trying not to become a Lego collector (I already collect books, and really don't have the room for Lego), or investor, though I my dabble a little utilising the good advice from the members here.

My Lego history stems from a childhood filled with Lego, but then several years without it. I picked up some of the earlier Star Wars UCS sets to build and display, and occasionally grabbed new ones here and there (if only I knew the way these would appreciate!). When I managed to get my (now 5 year old) daughter into Lego, it gave me the chance to indulge in some more for me, too, and I have since branched out from just Star Wars. Other themes I've picked up are modular buildings, architecture, the winter village sets, and Minecraft. Plus a few odds and ends here and there.

I did start to build my Brickfolio details here, but need to invest some more time in getting it sorted.

That's about all...and possibly more than you wanted! Looking forward to trying to be more active here.

Cheers,
Leigh

Welcome!

Now, as for all that silliness about not becoming at LEAST a collector if not a full-blown investor, of course you have the room. Look around, I'll bet your house is cluttered up with all sorts of unnecessary things like beds, couches, counters in the kitchen... get rid of all that junk and you'll have room for Legos AND more books!  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Welcome!

Now, as for all that silliness about not becoming at LEAST a collector if not a full-blown investor, of course you have the room. Look around, I'll bet your house is cluttered up with all sorts of unnecessary things like beds, couches, counters in the kitchen... get rid of all that junk and you'll have room for Legos AND more books!  :thumbsup:

I reckon if I even suggested that to the missus, I'd have all the space around the park bench I would find myself sleeping on  :rofl:

But thanks for thinking of me  :thumbsup:

• Like 4

Welcome to the forum. Upon posting you entered into a binding contract, which states: I, state your name, do hereby absolve BrickPicker and all its members of any guilt or consequence, in the occasion that my Lego "investment" grows until stuffed into every available nook and cranny of my wife's house, and now she's got that look in her eye...

Something like that.

Welcome to the forum. Upon posting you entered into a binding contract, which states: I, state your name, do hereby absolve BrickPicker and all its members of any guilt or consequence, in the occasion that my Lego "investment" grows until stuffed into every available nook and cranny of my wife's house, and now she's got that look in her eye...

Something like that.

I thought it was about finding a way to remove Lego's tracking devices they have implanted into us while we sleep?

Welcome to the site!