70010 - Lion CHI Temple

lowillsw

Olaf found they had over 2k units left at TRU. This is OK. If they sell out by the start of 2015, which most likely will happen, it still will be less than 2 years in production. Over 600 units sold last December on eBay. Be patient and be smart.

Any new update on the remaining quantity? If the total is 2K, I got 5%. I think that I am done.

Edited by FISHERDUYU

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, I have had a chi temple posted forever now and no bites. I can lower the price to aid that, but I am just curious if this worth a hold or whether this is just a dying product line. I imagine at some point soon the Chima storyline will dry up and this will become a forgotten cartoon and toy line. Should I dump and reinvest elsewhere?

Hey, I have had a chi temple posted forever now and no bites. I can lower the price to aid that, but I am just curious if this worth a hold or whether this is just a dying product line. I imagine at some point soon the Chima storyline will dry up and this will become a forgotten cartoon and toy line. Should I dump and reinvest elsewhere?

this is a very solid set.  Only went down briefly because TRU had it back in.  It went back up pretty solid though.  I wouldn't dump this set.  What do you have it priced at?

market on them right now is only $150.  TRU had some more in store last week on clearance at $79 so they dropped some again.  Also a few members mentioned B&****** having a few more here and there in store.  I picked them up at $79 and moved easily at $150.  Just depends on your situation barring another large wave by TRU it should hold up well.

Those new Chima sets are really good so I'm thinking Lego is not giving up on the line anytime soon and those sets being as cool as they are more kids will be drawn in.  I can definitely see $200 by next Xmas.  I mean you gotta have the good guy's base right?  What kind of Masters of the Universe fan didn't have Castle Greyskull?

Yeah, I am in no hurry, but just curious whether this will die down or possibly elevate above the 2 bill mark after true retirement. I am always pretty wary with the kids products lines

I'm not big on the Chima line myself but I really do like this one and Croc Swamp from the first wave.  Both have done well for me so far with steady sales.  At one point  I was getting 180-200 for them before the TRU.com and ebay big wave a little while back.

The Lion Temple is now in Legoland FL as a themed section so I think this one will be popular for awhile.

• 4 weeks later...