Hello from Monterrey, Mexico

Hi, I am new to the world of collecting Legos , I must confess that I stumbled into it by accident.

We went shopping to Laredo Texas, about a two hour drive from home,  and one of the last stops before we go back is Wal-Mart, so I was doing nothing in particular, just waiting for my wife to spend the last pesos remaining on my debit card after her crazed shopping spree, and I was walking by the toy section of the store and there they were a whole aisle of Legos, perfectly aligned and I could care less about them but something cached my eye, I saw red labels on them, so I approached slowly towards a 9493 X-Wing Fighter, and the red label read  35.00 USD,  I guess I had a back flash when I went to TRU a couple of weeks before and remembered it was marked at about 65.00 USD, soooo I started looking around and moving boxes and I found 3 sets that catch my eye and felt could not hurt my wallet more than my wife already had, so I ended up buying  Two 9493 X-Wings for $70.00 , Two 9516 Jabba Palaces for $140.00 and Two 7288 Mobile Police Units for $50.00. 

Before I decided to take the plunge at the register, I checked on my mobile phone for average prices in Ebay and I guessed they  were at a fair prices, but then I checked on MercadoLibre , Mexico

Wow, great story. One of the fast ways to make cash in LEGO investing is a method called "quick fflipping", and is essentially what you just described. You buy locally or online for a price that majority of others cannot get, then you sell on the secondary market for profit. Very cool how you picked that up on your own!

Just make sure that you buy sets that you can resell for an amount high enough to at least cover shipping and fees, which in your case, may not be too hard. 

Welcome to BrickPicker!! :D

Guest eightbrick

Welcome to Brickpicker! Clearances usually peak during mid-summer, after Christmas, and on Black Friday there are sometimes good deals if you visit the US. Good luck!