Helm's deep or HH?

studontop

Hi I'm a small time investor. I got 5 helms deep.

I have about 380 usd to invest and was wondering what I should spend it on. I can get 3 more new boxed helms deep at 105 each. Is helms deep at 105 good?

Or I could get 2 helms deep at 105 each and 1 haunted house at 167. I have no haunted house yet and was wondering if the price is good to pull the trigger now. Thanks brickpickers!

Well, try not to think in terms of "I have no Haunted Houses yet". The reason I say this is because you can't "chase" all the lego sets that are out there, you'll go absolutely crazy! That said, I would go with the Helm's Deep. $105 isn't the best price, but it's not bad either. Since all signs point to HD retiring sooner then the HH, you should be able to make money FASTER with this set. IMHO the HH is a better long term set, but it will probably be around longer then Helm's Deep. Might want to grab a few Uruk-Hai armies too, you can find those at pretty good discounts at Walmart currently. $20 is a great price on those.

Helm`s Deep IMO. I bought mine at $120-$130 (Canadian) so to me, $105 is a steal. If you can get them cheaper, by all means, but I`d definitely say go with Helm`s Deep because, based on rumours and the short lifespan thus far, HH will likely be around for another year or so. I could be wrong, but I just don`t see Lego retiring it yet. 

Diversify a bit.  Buying both the Haunted House and Helm's Deep is the safest bet.  You never know when LEGO will pull the plug on any set.  

I agree. If you already have several Helms Deep then get a Haunted hause. Everyone here say it's a great set and 167$ is actually a good price.

A Helm's Deep or Haunted House? A rather difficult choice as both are fantastic builds and I can honestly say that from experience.

Diversify a bit.  Buying both the Haunted House and Helm's Deep is the safest bet.  You never know when LEGO will pull the plug on any set.

Yeah, how about we just go with this.

If you have $380 and are open to something else, I like the SSD.  It's a great set in a popular (and collectible) subtheme (UCS SW), and it's not easy for the small time investor to tie up $400 in one set, so I wouldn't be surprised to see quick growth after EOL like ISD.  I love this set's earning potential.

Otherwise, I would get one each of HD and HH.