Lego will not appear at this year's New York Comic-Con

TheOrcKing

The Brick Fan has reported that the Lego company has announced they will not make an appearance at this year's New York Comic-Con because they already held an event earlier in the year with the humongeous X-wing Starfighter and exclusive "New York, I Love" Yoda minifigures to promote The Yoda Chronicles, and spent quite the budget on that. (Thanks goes to TheBrickBlogger for that last detail about why not.)

At least this means Lego could very well keep making an appearance at the two Comic-Con events in the future despite backlash from the last San Diego one.

• Like 1

Eh, probably for the best that they don't.  Save themselves the criticism for giving any promotional items away.  People will buy Lego whether or not they advertise at events like this.  They probably do themselves more good by buying more commercial time on Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network.

Semi-related. Has anyone seen lego commercials? Obviously their shows are one big commercial..but I haven't a real lego commercial in years. I only watch recorded tv, but I would think I woukd have seen a lego commercial by now.

Do you watch shows aimed at grade school kids? That would be the target Lego audience for commercials. AFOL don't get commercials, they're barely tolerated since Lego hasn't finished branding which of us are resellers.

Personally, I think I'll look fabulous with a scarlet R on my shirt.

Semi-related. Has anyone seen lego commercials? Obviously their shows are one big commercial..but I haven't a real lego commercial in years. I only watch recorded tv, but I would think I woukd have seen a lego commercial by now.

If you ever watch Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, etc., you will see a few LEGO commercials. I've seen a few for LEGO LR, and LEGO Chima, but a surprisingly low amount of LEGO SW ones.

Yep--we watch ninjago, chima, yoda, gabba, umi, word world, and super why. Never seen a lego commercial. I'll have to fast forward slower, but can't believe we miss them. Been actively watching for them all week. My son loves the city ones on the lego site.

Not sure then. LEGO commercials are great. I love them especially since they give you a better visual than most of the mini-videos on the LEGO website, and the actual words describing different functions. Way better to be able to see what everything can do.

If you ever watch Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, etc., you will see a few LEGO commercials. I've seen a few for LEGO LR, and LEGO Chima, but a surprisingly low amount of LEGO SW ones.

Yep--we watch ninjago, chima, yoda, gabba, umi, word world, and super why. Never seen a lego commercial. I'll have to fast forward slower, but can't believe we miss them. Been actively watching for them all week. My son loves the city ones on the lego site.

I've been seeing Lego SW and Lego City commercials lately. Either on Cartoon Network or on one of the Nick channels. Occasionally I'll see Friends commercials as well. For the kids shows, I do know that you have to be watching them on a channel that doesn't target preschoolers. YGG, for instance, is shown on Nick Jr, which doesn't allow commercials (hooray!). The commercials I've seen are always on Nick and Nick2 (the bane of my existence...can't tell you the number of times I've fielded requests for Pillow Pet derivatives). Word World and Super Why are on PBS Kids, which is also for preschoolers.