What sets did you pick up on EPIC Thursday?

EPIC thursday was a term we coined to describe the great sales yesterday (and might be still ongoing). From what I saw this is what I think happened......Walmart.com is/was having some amazing deals and when amazon got wind of the news they lowered their prices to keep up. There are too many great deals to list so you will just have to go to the sites and check it out. To my knowledge S@H didnt discount any sets but I could be wrong.

This "EPIC THURSDAY" deal is an eye opener for me. You need to be prepared at anytime to be ready to buy LEGO sets. Hard work and diligence pays off in situations like this. Investors need to scan the various listings on a daily basis to find deals. On a side note, we were accepted to the Walmart affiliate program and will be listing Walmart deals on LEGO sets shortly.

This "EPIC THURSDAY" deal is an eye opener for me. You need to be prepared at anytime to be ready to buy LEGO sets. Hard work and diligence pays off in situations like this. Investors need to scan the various listings on a daily basis to find deals.

On a side note, we were accepted to the Walmart affiliate program and will be listing Walmart deals on LEGO sets shortly.

Great news.

Well, I couldn't pass up the Amazon offers today. I ordered a Death Star, 2 Fire Brigades, 2 Pet Shops, and 2 Medieval Market Villages (not on sale -- I was caught up in the moment). For those who are curious, I am actually diverting money that I had been investing in the stock market. This really is an investment to me. Pretty soon I will have more $ in Lego than I do in stocks. And I have a feeling my Lego sets will outperform my stocks in the coming years.

FYI: My Bounty Hunter box looked like it had been stepped on -- sent it back. 2 Tower Bridges came (in the same box) -- one was in great shape...but the other had a gaping hole front and center and large creases on the front and top. I'll be sending that one back. Hoping for a better turnout with tomorrow's shipment.

More bad news with Amazon shipments: 1 R2D2 box is seriously damaged on the front with multiple creases and wear. Looks like it was punched once or twice, actually. 2 Tower Bridge boxes were completely open on one side...the tape somehow came detached and reattached to the underneath cardboard piece. I carefully fixed the tape, but now I'm thinking that it will be very hard to sell as a MISB down the road because the tape was tampered with. 1 Town Hall box has a horizontal crease all the way across the front. More shipments coming on Monday and Tuesday...expecting more damaged boxes. :(

More bad news with Amazon shipments:

1 R2D2 box is seriously damaged on the front with multiple creases and wear. Looks like it was punched once or twice, actually.

2 Tower Bridge boxes were completely open on one side...the tape somehow came detached and reattached to the underneath cardboard piece. I carefully fixed the tape, but now I'm thinking that it will be very hard to sell as a MISB down the road because the tape was tampered with.

1 Town Hall box has a horizontal crease all the way across the front.

More shipments coming on Monday and Tuesday...expecting more damaged boxes. :(

Sorry to hear that. Large boxes have major issues with shipping from most sources. I received 2 R2-D2s in excellent condition, along with 3 Town Plans from Amazon, also in excellent condition. That being said, I had a major order from Amazon two months ago that came messed up from poor packaging, but Amazon made good and sent me new LEGO sets with no charge. I even got a Winter Village set for half off because of it. It appears that as inventory gets low, the quality of boxes deteriorate. I recently received a large City set that was creased from TRU, but to send it back is a waste of time. Amazon has excellent returns at no charge to you. Feel free to use it to get a box in proper condition.

Good news and bad news on my Amazon order. I made 2 orders, hoping that the items would ship separately. Unfortunately, they shipped together. The good news is my Death Star shipped in the original Lego case. The problem is that got thrown in on top of my Fire Brigade. And from a preliminary look at Amazon, they won't replace it since it's out of stock.

I picked up 8 Black Pearls for $59 each from Walmart.com. said to hell with the modulars and Deathstars. I was able to pick a store nearby that had 8 Black Pearls in stock and do Site to store purchase. All but one box was dinged up and it wasn't that bad. Crazy that the Black Pearl was only out for a year at most. Absolutely insane for Lego to EOL such an Iconic masterpiece so soon.