Ebay Package Returned to Sender

pickleboy

So I had an interesting situation arise and figured I'd share in case it ever happened to you.    I was shipping an item to Argentina using USPS Global Shipping Express which requires a signature for delivery.  Dude bought it and then wasn't home the next week.  They, the postman,  left a note saying the package was sent back to sender (me) after trying to reach him for a week.  So of course this guy is pissed wondering where his package is when he gets back and wants me to send it back....and pay shipping again...40(ish) bucks.   Even though they left a note saying it was returned to sender, they actually held it at the post office for the dude for a month.  So while he was bitching at me, it was sitting at his Post Office.  Finally, I got the package back...

Since i tracked everything, it obviously wasn't my fault and Ebay told him he was responsible for the shipping for the shipping it to him again or I could give him a refund for the item...minus the shipping I had already spent. 

Just something to put in your file...

...Now I just need to figure out how to send him another invoice for the second shipping amount.  (Any ideas?  ...trying to do it all legit like through ebay and stuff.)

I just had a package get marked "return to sender" at the person's PO before it even got to them. After two weeks she opened a case a PayPal ended up paying for it since the buyer said she knew it wasn't my fault since I had clearly sent it. Another 10 days or so I finally got the package back... Completely empty. The package was a USPS priority box that has the tape strips Pkus I taped it.

My questions is why would the PO send it back instead of delivering it. Because for over 2 weeks the buyer and I didn't have a clue what happened to the package as the tracking never updated during those two weeks. She even called the PO and they said they didn't have any info on the package and didn't know why it was returned.