Don't you wish people selling lots would have to defend their prices?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HUGE-LEGO-STAR-WARS-LOT-/281160733595?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item41767c539b

I just don't get lots like this. Did you not look up the separate items? maybe you could pull 2 grand out of this lot, but 3.5K - 5K?

I guess people are just lazy and don't want to look up values. I can understand overvaluing one set, but listing it for double the worth of all of them is just ridiculous.

One of the reasons I am starting to hate Ebay's list for free policies.

Worth is somewhat determined by the seller.  A high price may be set because anything lower than that and the seller would rather keep it themselves, that sets the worth to the seller.  Probably not the case in this example as the seller is probably just fishing for an uninformed buyer or has no idea they should be priced lower if they want to sell them.   Sometimes the seller has no idea of worth like setting a no reserve auction etc.

You're right.  Every retail and individual seller should have their items priced at the exact amount of every other retail and individual seller...because the consumer, being so savvy, patient, and educated, never pays above market value for things.

I appreciate the sarcasm rather than meaningful and respectful conversation, but thats not what I said at all. I said that worth is of the opinion of the buyer. If you are going to ask for 2 times what these things sell for each and every day, you should understand that you are going to be questioned.

I am fine with listing things above market value and stuff of that nature. But when you take a lot, list it for close to 3 times what its worth its just a worthless listing. Didn't even defend the price at all.

People ask why sites charge listing fees. this is why - its crap.

I appreciate the sarcasm rather than meaningful and respectful conversation, but thats not what I said at all. I said that worth is of the opinion of the buyer. If you are going to ask for 2 times what these things sell for each and every day, you should understand that you are going to be questioned.

I am fine with listing things above market value and stuff of that nature. But when you take a lot, list it for close to 3 times what its worth its just a worthless listing. Didn't even defend the price at all.

People ask why sites charge listing fees. this is why - its crap.

I know.  I'm just messing around.  I got into the catnip.

Consumer: "Hey, why in the tarnation do u have dis item priced at 70 smackers?  It's $50 at x.com.  What is the meaning of this?  I'll call the authorities. Defend your price!"

Seller: "Uh, uh, garsh.  You caught me.  I wanted to make a profit.  Take me to jail."

My stuff is worth more cuz I touched it with my SEXY hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5mtclwloEQ