It's begining to look a lot like Christmas

Wow. We went to 3 lego stores this morning looking for more crawlers....gone. Every store was sold out and no more coming. That was bittersweet news for obvious reasons.

The great news for all of us...you could barely walk in ALL 3 of these stores! I've never seen them thus crowded...not even at Christmas. People were walking out with ewoks and opera houses....I couldn't believe it! Kids were buying chima..and knew all the characters and tribes.

Now with walmart,target, and even tru nearly doubling their lego space...this is just starting to take off. They had 3 registers going at burlington...and still lines of people. Never seen this.

Best thingI overheard was an eldery couple asking where the harry potter was! Said their grandson was asking for a few sets and they had been everywhere that morning looking for them.

• Like 2

Best thingI overheard was an eldery couple asking where the harry potter was! Said their grandson was asking for a few sets and they had been everywhere that morning looking for them.

Poor guys :)

Can't wait for Lego store to open in Salt Lake.  Target and Walmart are good, but I really miss the brickwall :)

I am hoping we might get one closer to me, but not holding out too much hope. Mine is about 100 miles away so its not an awful drive, but I can't camp out in front of it and things of that nature.

I agree, Lego is just growing and growing. One reason why I am not as worried about the investor bubble.

Same here. I have two and they are 1.2 and 1 hour(s) from me in opposite directions.

I am hoping we might get one closer to me, but not holding out too much hope. Mine is about 100 miles away so its not an awful drive, but I can't camp out in front of it and things of that nature.

I agree, Lego is just growing and growing. One reason why I am not as worried about the investor bubble.

Lucky...mine is about 200 miles....

I heard some LEGO stores will ship sets to customers in close range? All stores do that? What range? Can somebody explain a little more, please...

btw, two-three weeks ago I heard conversation between store manger (TRU) and some other guy (?) about expanding LEGO isles permanently before 2013 Xmas...sound like up to 50% more (?). May be its true....but will be some space cut for other brands.

The TRU near me has already done this.  Went in looking for Series 11 minifigures and noticed the LEGO section is about 50% bigger than it was.

Guest eightbrick

It's summer (for a bit longer). Kids don't have to worry about school, can spend time playing with their friends, thinking about toys etc. What can you say?

The TRU stores in Salt Lake City have been telling customers that the reason they are expanding the LEGO selection in our area is because we have a Brand store opening this month. The employees and managers are telling customers the TRU are going to be like the other half of the brand store and sell all the regular themes while the store does exclusives PAB and a limited selection of other sets. The last thing we need is TRU's LEGO sales rising!

All my stores are expanding their Lego aisles too. TRU now has a huge are sectioned off, right at the front of the store. It's roughly 4 aisles of overpriced Lego lol. Still no UCS or modulars though, because there's a Lego store across the street.

My Walmart has expanded Lego by 50%, and they finally moved a few sets to clearance. I got a 9500 Sith Fury for $44.99 :)

Reading this thread makes me want to buy more Lego, right now lol.

Wow. We went to 3 lego stores this morning looking for more crawlers....gone. Every store was sold out and no more coming. That was bittersweet news for obvious reasons.

The great news for all of us...you could barely walk in ALL 3 of these stores! I've never seen them thus crowded...not even at Christmas. People were walking out with ewoks and opera houses....I couldn't believe it! Kids were buying chima..and knew all the characters and tribes.

Now with walmart,target, and even tru nearly doubling their lego space...this is just starting to take off. They had 3 registers going at burlington...and still lines of people. Never seen this.

You beat me to those Lego stores looking for the crawlers.  Was trying to push my luck for the new freebies but was busy on the 1st.  They still had a few on night of the 31st and it looks like the stores got cleaned out on Saturday and Sunday. 

The Walmarts and Targets are expanding their Lego sections.  Looks like we'll need to keep the powder dry for the post xmas clearance.  

I had a few kids and parents stopped me to talked Lego walking around the mall when they saw my Ewok Village in my bag.  The 4 Ewoks on the shelf were all they had at the store when I asked if they had one still in the shipping box.  The big dollar Chima, Ninajo Friends and Star War on-the-run sets might be decent flips for an easy 15-20% when Xmas roll around if there are any shortage.