How does Lego influence your job?

Scissorino

• 2 weeks later...

I am a transmission design engineer, and I can thank growing up with lego for that. I remember first using the technic sets learning about gear ratios and differentials. It also helps me to have a bit of creativity when dealing with difficult spacial issues.

That being said, Its a lot harder to rebuild the parts I now work with into a bitchin spaceship.

• Like 3

Im a pilot in the Air Force. I build kits while on long nightshift lunchbreaks in our tv/breakroom. Sometimes i will finish only 10% of a kit and go fly. Only to come back and find the kit 100% done by other coworkers during their successive breaks. It seems building a kit helps relieve stress and theyre happy to help.

I was dismayed on ordering large a SW cruiser on ebay only to receive it broken down to each piece and not like the auction photo of it together. My 4yr old needed it built of course.

I then bring the finished kit home to the kids to surprise them and play with. To occasional disastrous results.

I suppose i use legos to chill everybody out. I suppose a dart board or other gimmick would help too.

Guest eightbrick

I'm a youtuber so Lego highly influences my job as imma be making more lego stop motion films....so yeah go Lego! lol

That's your full-time job? That takes guts and lots of skill to take the time to make those videos, good luck. LOL at my multiple edits xD

I have to keep LEGO and my job completely isolated from each other.  To the point that I am looking over my shoulder at local stores to make sure no one I work with is around.  Regardless of the investment potential, if word got out about my hobby I would be laughed right out of the workplace.  My work community has a reputation for eating it's own and one must have an extremely thick skin to begin with.  I really have no wish to give them more ammunition than they already have lol....

I have to keep LEGO and my job completely isolated from each other.  To the point that I am looking over my shoulder at local stores to make sure no one I work with is around.  Regardless of the investment potential, if word got out about my hobby I would be laughed right out of the workplace.  My work community has a reputation for eating it's own and one must have an extremely thick skin to begin with.  I really have no wish to give them more ammunition than they already have lol....

Ouch, that`s unfortunate. I always find it interesting when people look at my involvement in the hobby strangely, yet I know that they pay significant amounts of money for "adult" entertainment. I just quietly go and build another model, and laugh whilst I do it.  :D

As far as my job/university goes, I don`t really say too much about the hobby anymore. It`s just not something that most people expect to hear from someone "my age" who needs to "get a life." But much of my pay checks always go into some sort of Lego item just the same. I love it, and always will regardless  :thumbsup: