A nice thing to do in the Lego Store

I can't take credit for this - my Wife told me to do this last month as I went down to the Lego store to pick up a Crawler and I mentioned I didn't want the free exclusive and it wasn't worth that much. I know this probably wont be popular this month with the great exclusives, but just wanted to share how right she was.

She told me when I get my Polybag, just give it to the one of the kids behind me in line - or a kid in the store. I did it (GS polybag) and the kid about wet his pants he was so excited.

So I will be doing this quite a bit from now on. Just wanted to share her idea and how I thought it was really cool to see a kids face light up when he got a free Lego set.

• Like 6

What a nice thing to do DNIM! That's making good karma for yourself, so don't be surprised if you see a find a few HH at 75% off! But it's good to know some people take a step back from getting every great deal possible, and change their perspective every once in a while - you were a complete stranger to that kid but you made his day by giving him something that otherwise may have saved you a few bucks! Nice work!

That is a cool thing to do. Ive been seconds away from pointing out something cheap I was going to buy but the kids are usually focused on city or some other them I'm not purchasing. I had a captain America @ 50% off I was about to give to a mother with a son but he had his heart set on hero factory. I've seen some of the discussions about hiding lego and moral situations before but I feel I would always give up a set if there were children present that wanted them.