LEGO Box Protection

What's the best way, to protect lego sets, being stacked on top of each other? Can I use foam, in-between sets? 

I would put Lego sets on some type of shelf so you could have little to no stacking. If you have too much weight on a certain box, it could damage it.

In my experience most people dont care if the boxes have a few minor scratches or even dents as long as its SEALED and they know 100% of the pieces are there they dont care. Very few epople actually display the box, they might fold it flat and keep it in a closet but rarely will someone display it with the sat, same goes with instructions, nice to have but if its a bit beat up no one really cares.

I have considered other tpyes of protection though, including puttign all of my sets in large zip lock bags. I store some of my sets in the basement and i always have this fear of my basement flooding and ruining all my sets!

Cool, thanks! Polybags can be placed into a tub, on top of each other, no problem right?

That exactly what I do! They were all wrinkled enough when I bought them, and I have about 35-40. 

As far as boxes go, I have a couple 8 foot selves in a spare room. They are full, and have also packed a few plastic tubs full of sets. Wish my Lego was the only thing in that room, but it isn`t. Now I need another option. For you and myself, I`d suggest multi-level plastic shelves. You can get them for about $25 from Costco. Less floor space, more wall space for you sets. 

Polybags can be placed into a tub, on top of each other, no problem right?

I use deep Sterilite plastic drawers for the various polybags. They can stack pretty high, are really great for holding a ton of those Collectable Minifigures mystery bags, and very easy to clean up or replace if need be.

LG1_28308002.jpg

I find shelving stacks work really well. here a picture or 3 of one of my store rooms. Stomping

I see someone has some Doctor Who sets... I wish I had them.

I am currently just using a closet storage shelves. My collection is way less than 50 boxes. I have them wrapped up in the bags they come in just to prevent being overly dusty and such.

For opened sets, I use plastic bags and label the set number. I then use a Expanding File to keep all the directions in one place safely.

ExpandingFileCarrierTrans_x.jpg

• Like 1

I am currently just using a closet storage shelves. My collection is way less than 50 boxes. I have them wrapped up in the bags they come in just to prevent being overly dusty and such.

For opened sets, I use plastic bags and label the set number. I then use a Expanding File to keep all the directions in one place safely.

great idea on the expanding file. I will pick up a couple the next time I am out. I am tired of always digging through a huge bin of instruction books trying to find one.

• Like 1

To be honest, The Who sets were a good seller. But the bricks are poor, the Tardis set falls to bits the moment you go near it. Shame Lego didn't get the job. Stomping