Helm's Deep for $85

Yeah, I would grab as many as you could afford to buy and store. My rationale...You could do an easy flip to net a small return if needed; or hold for a few months (or longer) and wait for the set retirement.

Helms Deep is one of the iconic sets of the first wave of LOTR so it should do well long term. This set is also a great substitute for the many Castle fans who were disappointed with the Castle releases this year. 

That is surprising they had 10 on the shelf!  Max plan is 5, reorder point 1, reorder qty 2---If I remember what I read on the toy plan for those.  Wonder how they ended up with more than 10!  I would have bought them all in heartbeat.  And hold them all for a year---flip half, then sell the rest a year later for pure profit.

• Like 1

Thanks for everyone's replies!  I had a member of guest services go look for the others they showed in the back, and he said they were ghosts.  So all I ended up with was one.

Still one at $85 is pretty good considering the other stores in the state all have zero.

Thanks for confirming my instincts fellas!

I found one on the shelf and scanned it in the store. That said there were some in the stock room. Then I asked a worker if he could tell me how many there were. He said more than 10. I then asked him to bring out two more, and he came back empty handed saying that he and two other staff members looked everywhere and it must be a mistake in the inventory.

I'm thinking of going back and asking a nice older lady tosee what she says, since that guy was my age...