4282 or 10217?

M4x18

I started purchasing some smaller Harry Potter sets 2 years ago. With my little budget, the one set that was a "MUST HAVE" was #10217 Diagon Alley. Awesome set. Exclusive to the set: Mr. Ollivander, Fenrir Greyback, Lucius Malfoy with Death Eater Mask, 1st introduction of printed owls, several glow in the dark bricks, 2025 pieces, 3 buildings and 11 minifigs. Just check out Gringotts Bank, it uses 2x2 round profile brick to make the columns. What more could you ask for? Oops, that's a loaded question!

• 2 weeks later...

Diagon Alley is a great mix of cool buildings and great mini figures. You usually only get one or the other it seems. And yes, there have been many versions of Hogwarts, but this is the only large scale Diagon Alley so far. There was an 80 piece version of Diagon Alley Shops way back in 2001. You made the right call my friend! :) My personal opinion is that Diagon Alley can't be around much longer. All reports suggest that retailers are trying to get rid of Harry Potter stuff altogether. And why shouldn't they? They will need the shelf space for all the great new sets that are just around the corner.