Hello from Denver Colorado

Hi I have been trying to find out about my Lego. My father was the plastics engineer for Samsonite Bill King he worked for Mr Swayder back in the 60's. He used to bring home the extruded prototype parts from Samsonite when they first got the rights to produce and sell Lego. I put it away many many years ago and the other day pulled it out. I have gas pumps brick of all sizes gears ESSO flat bed trucks with trailers gas tankers and dump truck lol there blue and white.a garage with little door that opens trees light poles windows motorcycles well you get the picture. I was wondering if this was worth anything today? Thank you Shirley

wow. what a nice find. while I personally am not very familiar with the older sets that you have, I am sure there are a few on here that will be able to help you out. if you could post some pics of the items in question I am sure that will make things a little easier for those in the know to be able to accurately assess their value. good luck!

Guest eightbrick

Welcome! Cool that you have some family relation to the company. I don't know of any super-retro-savvy people here, but on the website Euobricks.com, there is a member named LegoHistorian who is basically a genius when it comes to these things. I recommend you join Eurobricks and send him a PM. Good luck!

First of all, Welcome to the site. Second, that is a very cool story about the Lego set you have. I have one Samsonite set that I picked up in an estate sale three houses down from my home. It had some of the older versions of the Lego bricks that very very different from the bricks today. I have seen the set you have online and it is definitely worth some money, but I am not sure how much, I have seen some old Lego Samsonite sets  go for hundreds of dollars used.