brickfolio

With some of my sets no......i recently bought 7780 new and it arrived with sticky tape all over the box and loose lego inside.

The lego is all there plus the manuals and i removed (very delicatly) the sticky tape so its all there...just not MISB.......that means used?

You bought it new? But it got some tape and loose Lego inside. New means never been opened right?

MISB means that it has not been opened, Mint In Sealed Box. It is clearly not MISB if you have removed the instructions. That being said, is it still "new"? There have been several discussions about what "new" means, if the bags of LEGOs have been opened, then it is arguably not "new" in my opinion. If you are buying to invest, then whomever you sell to in the future will not consider open bags new, and would probably have a case for saying an open box is not new. Therefore, again my opinion only, it is not a "new" set.

I agree 100%. NEW MISB does mean (Mint In Sealed Box). Or NIP (New In Package) To me MISB means BRAND NEW...Never been tampered or opened. But if they put it as new, and explained to you that the pieces are new but they taped it up or the box is opened but the bags are sealed, it's not NEW MISB. It might be new to them but not to investors or collectors. It is our job as buyers to find out. Send them a message and ask for pics and condition of the item. Is it sealed? Are seals broken? Are bags sealed? Has it been tampered with in anyway. I like to really ask a lot of questions before I purchase any big items. Sellers will put what they think, but they either have no idea or they do know, but are trying to be dishonest to make a sell. When in doubt...ASK!!!

With some of my sets no......i recently bought 7780 new and it arrived with sticky tape all over the box and loose lego inside.

The lego is all there plus the manuals and i removed (very delicatly) the sticky tape so its all there...just not MISB.......that means used?

Yes, it's used. MISB is exactly that. Mint In Sealed Box. A set can have broken seals and be considered NIB(New In Box) if all the original plastic packages are sealed and the set was never built, and the box and instructions are in excellent condition.