LEGO - big ol' collection - $600

mr2uboy

Stumbled upon this ad on CL. Seems to be a pretty good deal given the GG and Motorized Walking AT-AT is included. I can probably part with the rest and still come out on top wouldn't you think... any thoughts?

Selling a whole bunch of opened Lego sets with instructions! These are in excellent condition because nobody under 35 have touched them, AND ALSO have never used their teeth to pry them apart. Most if not all of these sets are discontinued. The collection is pretty varied but includes 4 of the modular buildings - The Pet Shop, Grand Emporium, Fire Brigade, and Green Grocer. Other notables are the Medieval Village, walking Star Wars AT AT, and a huge Technic truck set with power functions. Pictured are a few sets I had assembled. Please see the whole list of sets below. Asking $600 for the lot, or make me an offer. Please reply via email. Thanks!

8019 Star Wars clone wars spaceship
8017 Darth Vader's tie fighter
8060 Atlantis submarine
8014 star wars clone troopers
8970 Agents mech
7033 world city bank truck
10178 star wars motorized walking AT-AT
8258 Technic Crane truck (huge, still have the box for this)
10197 Fire Brigade
10185 Green Grocer
10193 Medieval Village
10211 Grand Emporium
10218 Pet Shop
7628 Indiana Jones Plane
7682 Indiana Jones temple of doom car chase
7052 Alien Conquest UFO
7051 Alien Conquest UFO walker with hilarious headcrab
8097 Boba Fett's spaceship w/Boba Fett figure and Han Solo figure/frozen in carbonite
8080 Atlantis mech
7050 Alien Conquest space-car
7938 Commuter train set - with tracks and remote/power. Functional train set
6869 Marvel Avengers jet with supercool Iron Man, Black Widow and Thor (and I guess Loki is cool too) figures
A whole mess of the collectible figures in silly combinations, like 8 tennis players (I'm not good at being lucky with those)
+ 5 or more small sets that I can't find the instructions for, like the Lex Luthor mech

Stumbled upon this ad on CL. Seems to be a pretty good deal given the GG and Motorized Walking AT-AT is included. I can probably part with the rest and still come out on top wouldn't you think... any thoughts?

Selling a whole bunch of opened Lego sets with instructions! These are in excellent condition because nobody under 35 have touched them, AND ALSO have never used their teeth to pry them apart. Most if not all of these sets are discontinued. The collection is pretty varied but includes 4 of the modular buildings - The Pet Shop, Grand Emporium, Fire Brigade, and Green Grocer. Other notables are the Medieval Village, walking Star Wars AT AT, and a huge Technic truck set with power functions. Pictured are a few sets I had assembled. Please see the whole list of sets below. Asking $600 for the lot, or make me an offer. Please reply via email. Thanks!

8019 Star Wars clone wars spaceship

8017 Darth Vader's tie fighter

8060 Atlantis submarine

8014 star wars clone troopers

8970 Agents mech

7033 world city bank truck

10178 star wars motorized walking AT-AT

8258 Technic Crane truck (huge, still have the box for this)

10197 Fire Brigade

10185 Green Grocer

10193 Medieval Village

10211 Grand Emporium

10218 Pet Shop

7628 Indiana Jones Plane

7682 Indiana Jones temple of doom car chase

7052 Alien Conquest UFO

7051 Alien Conquest UFO walker with hilarious headcrab

8097 Boba Fett's spaceship w/Boba Fett figure and Han Solo figure/frozen in carbonite

8080 Atlantis mech

7050 Alien Conquest space-car

7938 Commuter train set - with tracks and remote/power. Functional train set

6869 Marvel Avengers jet with supercool Iron Man, Black Widow and Thor (and I guess Loki is cool too) figures

A whole mess of the collectible figures in silly combinations, like 8 tennis players (I'm not good at being lucky with those)

+ 5 or more small sets that I can't find the instructions for, like the Lex Luthor mech

You could probably get a grand out of it and keep a few sets. I would jump on that in a second.

I think I'll pass since my $$ is tied in getting other sets. I posted the ad link http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/tag/4006329904.html should any members in the SF area want to jump on it. The seller seems legit as he provided me his home address location. I emailed him with some inquiries - posted are his replies:

"Yes the sets are complete - they are boxless but everything is there, along with instruction booklets. There are actually a few sets in there that I didn't list, small vehicle or figure sets. I have them in tubs and attempted to sort them into compartment boxes before getting bored of it - I'll toss all that in."

"The sets pictured in the listing are assembled. I can leave them that way or take them apart, your preference.

Everything else is unassembled."

Guest idunno101

He is clueless

Maybe he got into some fight with his wife so now he's trying to get rid of all of this ASAP. It's an odd thing to do but if it would mean keeping your wife then sure.

Almost thought about moving to San Francisco just to get this lot. Lol. Never find a good deal like that around here. It's a wasteland

What part of Texas do you live in? Austin and Dallas seem devoid of deals and are overpopulated with investors, but some other pockets of TX are more forgiving.

I am sure whoever gets this will be sure to offer him more than the asking price. You know, kind of like what the guys on American Pickers do when they come across some uneducated schmuck who gives an asking price well below market value. Pickers karma!

It could turn into a bidding war, which I imagine happens quite frequently on this kind of thing. 1st responder agrees to purchase, begins trip to meet with seller, second responder is told the item has sold and counters by offering more than 1st responder, seller tells first responder the deal is off, etc.

I am sure whoever gets this will be sure to offer him more than the asking price. You know, kind of like what the guys on American Pickers do when they come across some uneducated schmuck who gives an asking price well below market value. Pickers karma!

Funny I was just watching that. I offered up on deal a few times. Landed me a 10179 taj Eiffel all for 1200 bucks . The guy was asking 500 for all. Pickers karma works!