10134 - UCS: Y-Wing Attack Starfighter

Maverick2k1

I wanted to hear your guys thoughts on this set. I've been in the market for a used one now for a while. What would your price be on obtaining one? I don't see this set being remade any time soon despite the ucs x-wing remake.

It is an awesome set - I would love one as well.

Most that pop up on Ebay are pretty overpriced - I would look to find a used one on auctions so it will be a little cheaper. But definitely worth the money looking at how expensive other old UCS sets are.

I want this set, too. I was shopping for a used one a few months ago, a couple went for around $350 shipped, and the lowest I remember was $235 I think. I agree with DNIIM, keep an eye out for slow auctions and you can get one for a reasonable price. Well, reasonable compared to most other UCS.

In the end I got a UCS Snowspeeder instead, which I love. But one day I'll get the y-wing.

I want this set, too. I was shopping for a used one a few months ago, a couple went for around $350 shipped, and the lowest I remember was $235 I think. I agree with DNIIM, keep an eye out for slow auctions and you can get one for a reasonable price. Well, reasonable compared to most other UCS.

In the end I got a UCS Snowspeeder instead, which I love. But one day I'll get the y-wing.

On second thought - if you see a slow one. Don't bid. Just PM me. For...some other reason...

I think this topic has only reinforced my desire to get one! As you guys have stated some of the prices on eBay are crazy, 500-600 for used?? People are way too optimistic.

When they realize that they can't sell the set at that high of a price, they will probably lower it.

• 1 month later...

The problem is your Y-Wing is missing the most expensive pieces: the information plaque and the 2 futuristic white wheels.  It'd be pretty costly to complete it I think. 

Besides the Y-Wing 10134, I also noticed that some of the UCS sets are having low supply issues on e-bay, such as Yoda UCS 7194.  You could easily found Yoda UCS for well under $150 couple months back, but that seems becoming a thing of past.

The problem is your Y-Wing is missing the most expensive pieces: the information plaque and the 2 futuristic white wheels.  It'd be pretty costly to complete it I think. 

Besides the Y-Wing 10134, I also noticed that some of the UCS sets are having low supply issues on e-bay, such as Yoda UCS 7194.  You could easily found Yoda UCS for well under $150 couple months back, but that seems becoming a thing of past.

This is why I have considered investing in a few of these sets. Lego is as popular as ever, and these sets are the most limited there can be

I see, I knew that the information plaque was expensive, but not the white wheels, $40 dlls for one piece seems kind of preposterous. Anyway, I will try to find those white pieces all over the city.

I remember seeing those sets. Now I cannot find a set that is that low on its price. The laws of supply and demand.

• 3 years later...
12 hours ago, thoroakenfelder said:

has anyone tried bricklinking one of these? Has anyone made substitutions to the set? send me a message,please.

It's very strange that I was contemplating the same thing this week. There seem to be quite a few parts/colour combos completely unique to this set that make it hard to bricklink and I couldn't find anywhere that suggested reasonable substitutions.

Just now, Fenix_2k1 said:

It's very strange that I was contemplating the same thing this week. There seem to be quite a few parts/colour combos completely unique to this set that make it hard to bricklink and I couldn't find anywhere that suggested reasonable substitutions.

I'm working on a blog post analyzing the parts. I might have a few suggestions once I've finished. My analysis hasn't gotten super deep yet, but I've figured out color swaps for a few things that knocked off a couple hundred $$

• Like 2

On 6/3/2017 at 6:40 AM, Fenix_2k1 said:

I'm almost done with the blog article. When it gets published, I think you'll be surprised at the final cost once all the substitutions are made.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...