Selling as a lot or individual

M4x18

Hey guys, A couple of months ago I won an auction for some City Construction sets, brand new. Now, for space and interest in other sets, I must sell most if not all of them. Here's the list of what I have planned to sell: 7746-1: Single-Drum Roller 7631-1: Dump Truck 7685-1: Dozer 7998-1: Heavy Hauler 7344-1: Dump Truck 7632-1: Crawler Crane (x2) 7243-1: Construction Site 7900-1: Heavy Loader 7249-1: XXL Mobile Crane 7633-1: Construction Site 7905-1: Building Crane All of them sealed in perfect conditions. I wish I didn't have to sell them but the space in my apartment is small and I'd like to go after newer sets. So, my question is, should I sell them as a lot or in individual? If going individual, amazon or ebay? Thanks!

Before you sell as a lot or individually you need to consider a few things. 1) The time and shipping material it takes to pack each set individually vs the entire collection (the entire collection will be oversized so do double check with the shipper so you can charge accordingly) 2) The time it takes to respond to all the emails and payments from all the people when selling individually vs the one buyer and one payment for the entire collection. To answer you question - Individually vs. Lot If you sell as a lot you will generally get less, because not everyone will want everything on your list. You will most likely get more resellers or "investors" that will buy and they will normally offer less, because they will need to flip it. It is less money, but at the same time less work and hassle. So do take this into consideration when selling the entire lot. If you sell individually you tend to get more, because now you have a lot more people buying. You will get more money, but it is also way more work. If you don't mind the extra time required to look for shipping material, to ship and to respond to all the emails then go for the extra money. - eBay vs Amazon BrickPicker provides all the information you need to sell on both sites so you are already on the right track by signing up here! eBay is better if you want auction style listings where you put your items at a low starting price and hope a lot of people will bid up on it. If you are going to list as "buy it now" or fixed price then you are better off with Amazon. It is less hassle (less emails) and higher sell price on Amazon in my opinion than on eBay. Their fees are basically the same after you add Paypal fees with your eBay listings. Also if you want to sell these sets fast then you are better off doing the auction style. If you don't mind waiting and want to get more money out of these set then you should consider fix price listings. I've summarized all of this with the chart below. Use all the pricing information provided by Brickpicker on both Amazon and eBay to help you decided whether to sell as an auction (eBay) or fix price (Amazon). Really take advantage of all the great information here and best of luck! <---------Time---------> | | Amazon | | eBay (Fixed Price) | Price | | |eBay (auction) | | You mention you want to sell these so you can go after newer sets. If you are interested we also do trades so if you want we can just swap LEGO for LEGO and you don't need to worry about selling or any of the fees you have to pay. Just another option to selling. Thanks, Jack.

You mention you want to sell these so you can go after newer sets. If you are interested we also do trades so if you want we can just swap LEGO for LEGO and you don't need to worry about selling or any of the fees you have to pay. Just another option to selling. Thanks, Jack.

You are in the US right? I am in Spain, this would make the trade a little hard, customs over here are a b@&$!

Yes, we are in the US, but we do trades with people from around the world. You will need to pay VAT and any duty the Spanish customs charges. This will add to the cost quite a bit. If you are still interested we can try to factor that cost in when doing a trade. Anyways, I only mentioned as another option besides selling since you were looking for newer sets. My apologies for not checking first to see where you are located. I am only familiar with selling in the US so the information I provided might not apply to Spain. The amount of work involved is still the same, but I am not sure about the prices you will get in Europe / Spain vs the US. If you need help selling to the US I will be more than happy to share any information I have with you. Thanks, Jack.