Hello From Taiwan

Hi, my name is Kenneth, and I am from Taiwan. Had been playing with Lego since I was a little kid, but like many AFOL, went through a LONG period of Dark Age. My first adulthood encounter with Lego was about 10 years ago, when I was working in China. I saw the 7181 and 7191 sets in a Hong Kong Toys R Us store, and just had to get them simply because that was most awesome Lego I had seen.... ( and being a Star Wars fan also helped....) Not knowing the potential value I was getting, I tore up the boxes and threw them away right outside the store so I can travel easier.... Another 10 years passed by, various job changes, moved back to US, then back to China, then to Taiwan... running my own business, married, 2 kids..... you know how it goes... Lego became simply an easy gift choice for kids of friends and family, nothing more.... every time I visit toy stores, I would check out the Lego section, admiring at the numerous sets that I would love to have but can't... Not that I can't afford them, but saner mind told me that it just "doesn't make sense"..... Until a few months ago, my wife told me that she saw the Grand Emporium in a Taiwan store, and she actually loved it. We went to do a little research online, (I didn't discover this awesome site yet...) and discovered the whole world of Modular Sets... Because Lego sets are about 30% more expensive in Taiwan, we decided to buy a few Modulars from Amazon, and I would bring them back on my next business trip, in time for Christmas. It was at this time when I remembered about my old UCS sets, realized how ridiculous their value had gone up after I checked the prices, and got into collecting sets again.... One of the justification I gave myself is that I have a 3 year old son... even if the sets don't appreciate as much as I like, they will be more expensive anyway when my son reaches appropriate age for these toys... With this excuse in mind, my collection went up from 2 sets to 21 sets within one month.... DEFINITELY a sign of some problem if you ask me.... A new beginning for me at the age of 37, and we will have to wait and see how far this craziness will go.....