How many copies of one Star Wars set have you purchased?

ducstar

Which 2013 sets are worth getting duplicates?  I was thinking about one to assemble and one to store away.

I have 1 red 5 x wing

decided to pass on the B-wing.

My gut is telling me I should get the Ewok Village.

Sorry for the rambling but I'm having a hard time deciding on my next purchase.

thanks a block!

Which 2013 sets are worth getting duplicates?  I was thinking about one to assemble and one to store away.

I have 1 red 5 x wing

decided to pass on the B-wing.

My gut is telling me I should get the Ewok Village.

Sorry for the rambling but I'm having a hard time deciding on my next purchase.

thanks a block!

Noone can tell you this... buy whatever you like 2x... open one and keep 1 sealed in case it grows...

very simple.

It is up to you and how much you intend to spend. You'd expect the B-Wing to disappear before the other two but it was probably diluted by the May the Fourth promo and a lot of people scoring them cheap.

In the long run I expect the Ewok Village to give the greatest returns of those three.

To store away for investment I'd say none of the 2013 sets.  Unless you can find a great discount on one.  It doesn't make sense to buy them so early, wait until they are nearer the end of their retail shelf life.  In the meantime buy a set that is retiring soon or even already recently retired, take some profits for that and buy your 2013 sets in 2014.

• Like 2

I'd be careful investing in the Ewok Village.  A bunch of people saw the Death Star as a good investment, and it does have things that would make it a good investment: tons of minifigures, pieces, and great display value.  The only problem with the Death Star is that it has been around forever.  If I was going to invest in the Ewok Village or the Death Star than I would wait until it was confirmed that it was going to retire.  They are both very good investments, but if you invest in big sets like that, you want to be sure they not going to just take up space in your closet.

• Like 1

i own double digit 10227 b-wings for a reason.  don't get caught without a few especially if it somehow does get retired this yr.

you will have plenty of time to purchase jabba's sail barge and the ewok village (plus Jabba's Palace, the Skiff, and Rancor sets) .  i'm personally ignoring all other 2013 star wars sets including the ucs x-wing as it is just yet another x-wing refresh (the 5th one i believe including non-ucs sets).

I'd be careful investing in the Ewok Village.  A bunch of people saw the Death Star as a good investment, and it does have things that would make it a good investment: tons of minifigures, pieces, and great display value.  The only problem with the Death Star is that it has been around forever.  If I was going to invest in the Ewok Village or the Death Star than I would wait until it was confirmed that it was going to retire.  They are both very good investments, but if you invest in big sets like that, you want to be sure they not going to just take up space in your closet.

Also remember that the Ewok Village has not been released yet, so it may be a while before I would buy some to invest in.

I think the Millenium Falcon (7965) and Jabba's Palace (9516) are the two to stock up on right now.

i like the MF and own some. I'm just worried it will be refreshed again soon and the next one might even be another UCS.  ...but who knows for sure.

additionally, this version has already been on the market since mid-2011.  many people might already own it who will want it in the future.  now if it somehow gets retired this yr, we'll be good. then we'll get maybe 2 years before the next refresh.

I think the Millenium Falcon (7965) and Jabba's Palace (9516) are the two to stock up on right now.

Agree with this as well, but seeing MFs restocked at Target last night worries me. I have 4 of the MF and am likely done until I know when EOL is near.

I'm all over Jabba's Palace at the Wal-Mart clearance price of $64----that's a can't lose price.

I have 3 B-Wings and I'm sticking w/ that #.

Also purchased 3 of the Sith Fury Interceptors @$49---worst case scenario there is parting it out, but think it's not a bad entry price.

Battle packs are another one I have mutliples of---particularly the Endor version---this will play nicely w/ the Ewok Village.

This is a great point thanks for the advice.  Yea I was surprised the Death Star is still sitting around at Lego Store shelves.

This is a great point thanks for the advice.  Yea I was surprised the Death Star is still sitting around at Lego Store shelves.

this is my concern w/ the MF if it doesn't retire this year.  at target today, i saw it on the shelf for the first time ever.  it is a money maker for lego so why retire it?

this is my concern w/ the MF if it doesn't retire this year.  at target today, i saw it on the shelf for the first time ever.  it is a money maker for lego so why retire it?

My bet is that it won't be there for long.  Stuff sits on the shelves forever in my area of the country, but my Wal-Marts can't keep the MF in stock.

My bet is that it won't be there for long.  Stuff sits on the shelves forever in my area of the country, but my Wal-Marts can't keep the MF in stock.

no doubt.  this is the FIRST time i never saw it in any Philadelphia area store other than TRU and Lego.  Even most mom and pop toy stores dont carry it. MSRP is steep though but it still sells. this is why i think this set might be another "live star". i know, i know what has been said in other threads about it retiring this yr. ...we'll see.