Collectible Minifigure Value

dschooley

I was looking through the value of the sets since the last update, and I found it interesting that only one of my Collectable Minifigure sets actually changed in value. My assumption is that is has to do with the ability to match the sets to the auction data, because people do not use the set numbers when they list them. I was curious if that is true or not, or if there is a perfectly logical explanation like they didn't change or it is user error on my part?

I have been working on a "special" filter process just for these collectible minifigs. I can't tell you how many crazy variations of postings there are. There truly isn't a number for them other than what Brickset has done by adding the -2, -3, etc, etc. Many don't list that and it needs to be identified more by the name of the figure like Tennis Player, Santa, etc. Again, the way people title their listings is just amazing and much more difficult than just listing 10197 Fire Brigade. Like in a previous forum thread that talked about the minifigs, these are much more manual than automated. We also have to look for the people that are listing more than one. There are a ton that are selling 5 of the collection and they list all of them in one listing. There is just a lot more room for error with these, but it will get much better soon.