Uline Users - What boxes do you buy?

Huskers1236

I'm looking to pick up a bunch of boxes since as we've said, it's selling season around the corner.  My current boxes are a mish mash of different sizes, which is fine for used sets, but I need to safely ship mint boxes.   I searched their site for a while earlier today and found some I like, but thought some of you guys that have bought from them  before might have some tips for me on what sizes are preferred.  Also, if there are any alternatives to Uline.  I looked in another thread and someone mentioned getting boxes from Staples.  Saving on shipping would be nice since it was estimated at $70 for what I was going to order, which was 150 boxes of differing sizes.  Thanks.

I don't buy from Uline, but from a local company that sells boxes in the same siZes as they do. Mostly, I get 27x14x9 and 28x18x12

I was hoping to do the same thing.  We have some big box stores that might do this, but I was unable to find a specialty store that did this sort of thing.  The shipping is killing me.  I don't mind buying the boxes, but I've gotten so used to free shipping on things that seeing a $70 freight charge was a kick in the groin.

My two favorite Uline products are 28x16x7 boxes, which are long enough to adequately protect $100-$130 sets like Helm's Deep, and 36x24x12 double-walled boxes, which are durable enough to protect UCS sets like 10188 or 10179 while still being small enough to fit within USPS Express Mail International size restrictions for most countries. 

You guys have posted a bunch, so you probably read this already, but maybe folks new to the site haven't read this blog:

http://community.brickpicker.com/blog/4/entry-13-lego-storage-wars/

Lots of storage info, but some about box size too for shipping.

Very helpful.

Read it several times, I usually pass out looking at the pictures, though.

• Like 1