Buying discounted sets with box damage?

I was recently at a Walmart where Helm's Deep was discounted at $90.  They had about 4 sets there and would have picked up a couple of these, but all the boxes were beat!   Is this a deterrent for any of you if you plan on keeping a set for investment purposes?  

Most people here will tell you that even with a destroyed box, it's worth picking up a HD at that price... you'll still make money.

There's an article on the front page of the site (somewhere) that talks a lot about this, anyone have that link?

EDIT - Found it: http://community.brickpicker.com/blog/4/entry-235-the-impact-of-box-condition-on-lego-investing/

I was recently at a Walmart where Helm's Deep was discounted at $90.  They had about 4 sets there and would have picked up a couple of these, but all the boxes were beat!   Is this a deterrent for any of you if you plan on keeping a set for investment purposes?  

No immediately buy them. The box being damaged will hurt slightly, but at that discount doesn't matter. Get them.

Agreed, I would jump at that.

Slightly OT but is it just me or do large sets always get beat up at Wally World/K-mart/Target?  It's almost like the big boxes are less structurally sound and more prone to getting beaten up.

My pet peeve is when they tie those stupid security things too tight and damage the box. Just pointless. It's not like they give a crap if people steal anyway. Or else they would actually have working cameras outside the place.

Thanks for the input, guys.  I went back and purchased 2 sets for $89 each, as only three sets remained.  The other set had a box that was torn open.  I also picked up SW 9500 Sith for $49, Weathertop x 2 for $40 each, Mines of Moria for $54, and a couple of gandalf arrives for $9 each.  Went for only Helm's and came back with a bunch of other stuff.  Geez!!