viking ship?

willy431

Question

Anybody recognize that viking ship?  Been looking on bricklink and haven't seen anything like that.  Guy said he will take 150 without the "custom" table---but is firm.  He has no books, or boxes...and his son doesn't know what models are there.  There are minifigures, but he doesn't have access to camera for a few days.

http://nh.craigslist.org/tag/3889874353.html

18 answers to this question

Anybody recognize that viking ship?  Been looking on bricklink and haven't seen anything like that.  Guy said he will take 150 without the "custom" table---but is firm.  He has no books, or boxes...and his son doesn't know what models are there.  There are minifigures, but he doesn't have access to camera for a few days.

http://nh.craigslist.org/tag/3889874353.html

Its pretty obvious that is megablock for and for $150 still a ripp off

Guest eightbrick

Lame... pointed out that is was most likely the 9895 in the first response. :cry:

I know how you feel, but seriously, it is sort of disappointing that these kind of questions have turned into races for the brickpoints. It used to be about helping people, and you would see the same nice people answering these questions while other were "too busy". Now that brickpoints are involved, it is basically just a rat race to get 50 or so brickpoints and now a bunch of people are in it for the points.

In a perfect world, yeah, you probably deserved the best answer thing, but in reality,  you helped another member identify a piece you should be proud of that over some little green box on your post.  Being awarded best answer or getting some brickpoints is just extra.

Lol he was either smoking something or trying to take you. Good job in being alert and not assuming.

It's crazy though how the "average person" doesn't know/care about the difference though. Just this week, a coworker posted a email about her son selling his entire lego halo collection.

"Lego" has become a generic descriptor along the lines of "coke" "jet ski " "frisbee" or "xerox" - even though they are specific brand names, people just use it to lump all similar products together.

I know how you feel, but seriously, it is sort of disappointing that these kind of questions have turned into races for the brickpoints. It used to be about helping people, and you would see the same nice people answering these questions while other were "too busy". Now that brickpoints are involved, it is basically just a rat race to get 50 or so brickpoints and now a bunch of people are in it for the points.

In a perfect world, yeah, you probably deserved the best answer thing, but in reality,  you helped another member identify a piece you should be proud of that over some little green box on your post.  Being awarded best answer or getting some brickpoints is just extra.

I kind of feel the same way, I do a ton of bulk so looking up parts is second nature to me and I actually enjoy it. But in the end if someone gets the answer they need quickly, and it helps them with a buy, who cares why someone answered, right?

Guest eightbrick

I kind of feel the same way, I do a ton of bulk so looking up parts is second nature to me and I actually enjoy it. But in the end if someone gets the answer they need quickly, and it helps them with a buy, who cares why someone answered, right?

Because I like to think that when people are helping me it is because they want to help me, not because there is something in it for them. There is a blurry line between offering incentive and changing the purpose entirely. Don't get me wrong, I like the best answer feature, I think it has brought a lot of smart people who never answered questions like this before into the game. It's just a shame it took them 50 brickpoints and a little green box to start helping other members. I won't be replying to this topic again because I hate flame wars as much as the next guy.

Lame... pointed out that is was most likely the 9895 in the first response. :cry:

I'm sorry your answer was bypassed altogether as you were correct from the get go. I think Snowcrash's answer was more noticed because he had a link to the set which stood out like a sore thumb. In any case, the 50 Brickpoints originally given to him for "Best Answer" have now been transferred over to you. Maybe this will be a good reminder for everyone to read the lines and listen a little better.

Because I like to think that when people are helping me it is because they want to help me, not because there is something in it for them. There is a blurry line between offering incentive and changing the purpose entirely. Don't get me wrong, I like the best answer feature, I think it has brought a lot of smart people who never answered questions like this before into the game. It's just a shame it took them 50 brickpoints and a little green box to start helping other members. I won't be replying to this topic again because I hate flame wars as much as the next guy.

On that note, I think 50 Brickpoints is a bit high of a reward. Perhaps 5 or 10 should give enough of an incentive without overcompensating for just being helpful. I guess these questions are typically rare circumstances but it is amazing how quick people have responded to the few topics posted here as opposed to general questions elsewhere without any similar reward system.