Being nice works, it's easier :)

weakside

So the other day like many people I went to the Lego Store to pick up a 4x4 truck exclusive.  Ended up buying 2.  No hot dog stand left unfortunately but decided to get a Friends polybag just for the free ice cream stand haha.  Staff was unprepared for some reason and thought the free polybag was some kind of cup cake display...really small so I decided to put back the polybag, don't really want/need it.  

There was a lady in the store too with 2 young daughters and she kinda freaked out saying that's the only reason why she came in today is for the ice cream stand :)  Guess I could understand...driving here, parking, kids are let down etc.

One of the rep was calling around to see where it was or the status.  Kept on apologizing to me and I told him no worries, not a big deal...stuff happens.  Guess he was worried I was upset or would write a negative review on the store.  He went to the back, came out and sneaked one of those chrome TC 14 polybag in my hand which was very nice, worth about $20 so a small 'discount' for my 4x4 trucks.  

Later on as I was walking around waiting for my wife to finish her shopping...I passed by the Lego store again and one of the reps remembered me, he said they finally found the ice cream stand and gave one to me without a Friends purchase :)  Sweet.  So 2 mini mechs, chrome TC 14 and ice cream stand as bonuses.

We chatted a little bit and I told him people just need to relax...after all it's just a toy haha.   

• Like 2

Nice... I don't know why they would have 2 year old polybags left in stock, and not give them to me... :D

Haha. It's a 2yrs old polybag?  As a newbie, I didn't know.  I sold one last week...and got another one so 'even steven'.  Inventory is back to 9 chrome silver TC 14.  

Haha. It's a 2yrs old polybag?  As a newbie, I didn't know.  I sold one last week...and got another one so 'even steven'.  Inventory is back to 9 chrome silver TC 14.  

Yeah. TC-14 was the May the Fourth Promo polybag for 2012. One of the better promo polybags, I might add. They are great minifigures. Shine them under an incandescent light, and it looks like a chrome C3P0! :D

So the other day like many people I went to the Lego Store to pick up a 4x4 truck exclusive.  Ended up buying 2.  No hot dog stand left unfortunately but decided to get a Friends polybag just for the free ice cream stand haha.  Staff was unprepared for some reason and thought the free polybag was some kind of cup cake display...really small so I decided to put back the polybag, don't really want/need it.  

I think I know what happened...were you in the store on August 1 when they had the free Friends jewelry box build? In addition to the jewelry box, each kid also got a Friends polybag that I have NEVER seen before and took a while for me to decipher what the heck it was. I think it's supposed to be a "recipe book". There's pictures of different cakes and bakery items you can build on the front...maybe that's what the staff meant about cupcake display. It also looks like there's a page of stickers as well as a green fabric apron to put on your Friends mini-dolls. I've been meaning to post a pic of this polybag, because it wasn't mentioned in any promotions and I haven't been able to find a set number anywhere on the bag.

I think I know what happened...were you in the store on August 1 when they had the free Friends jewelry box build? In addition to the jewelry box, each kid also got a Friends polybag that I have NEVER seen before and took a while for me to decipher what the heck it was. I think it's supposed to be a "recipe book". There's pictures of different cakes and bakery items you can build on the front...maybe that's what the staff meant about cupcake display. It also looks like there's a page of stickers as well as a green fabric apron to put on your Friends mini-dolls. I've been meaning to post a pic of this polybag, because it wasn't mentioned in any promotions and I haven't been able to find a set number anywhere on the bag.

I have not heard of that 'recipe book' build as you put it. How intriguing.

It was this dessert polybag.  If you're a Friends fan/collector than I guess you had to have this.  I just preferred the ice cream stand with more pieces, fun and easy build for my almost 4yr old son too...he loved the cart.  But this will be first and last Friends set ;)  Bring on the uruk kai army haha.  Anything lego is better than tv for sure.