Hello from Singapore

Hi all, I'm Guohong, Lego collector from Singapore, mainly collecting modulars and city sets, and just about any set that catches my attention. First started collecting Lego as a 9 year old kid, went through the dark ages and returned to the hobby when Cafe Corner was released. Was discussing with a couple of friends how Lego makes very good investment returns, having seen the prices of Cafe Corner and Market Street skyrocket, and this website just confirmed my thinking! Kudos to Jeff and Ed for all the detailed articles and all the trends of the sets, marvellous job! Hope to be able to learn more about Lego trends and just enjoy the discussion among fellow Lego collectors. Cheers! :)

Singapore seems to be quite a growing area for Lego fans. I am noticing that the amount of visitors we get from this region is growing on a monthly bases which is great. Glad that you found the site and finding the information useful. Yeah Market Street and Cafe Corner are great sets. I myself was never able to get them at a good price. Hopefully one day I find a good deal or maybe Ed will just give me his :)

Yes there is a good following of lego fans in Singapore, and many are well-informed of the latest deals and sales that go on in local shops or online stores like Barnes&Noble; (there was a really good LOTR sale 2 months back). However, the region is still very much deprived of the deals or discounts the US or Europe get to enjoy. I'm hopeful that the situation will change for the better though, with Legoland in Malaysia opening this weekend, and a Lego regional HQ based in Singapore could probably mean better Lego deals in the future.

Singapore seems to be quite a growing area for Lego fans. I am noticing that the amount of visitors we get from this region is growing on a monthly bases which is great.

Glad that you found the site and finding the information useful. Yeah Market Street and Cafe Corner are great sets. I myself was never able to get them at a good price. Hopefully one day I find a good deal or maybe Ed will just give me his :)

Sell some of your Barbie Dolls and buy one! LOL

Welcome to the site Guohong!

• 2 weeks later...