What do you use more brinklink or ebay

For raw parts, both.

Bricklink is where we store our inventory of parts at prices we wouldn't be sad to see them march out the door. As I need parts for our customs, I pull them from Bricklink (if we have them in our store there) and order them from Bricklink (if we don't).

On eBay we cater to a different crowd - the savvy parts buyers are all over on Bricklink, so on eBay we're targeting the civilians, not the seasoned campaigners.

For anything that looks attractive in photos (bulk groups of colorful parts, sets, minifigures, customs) I use eBay. I don't care about the fees when the markup more than takes care of those and the traffic is so much greater.

With Bricklink, we're building slow and steady and hope to someday become one of those one or two million parts stores attractive to MOC builders and pros. With eBay we're targeting window-shoppers at the mall.

• Like 1

No. It means write up a professional, friendly listing with great photos (you get up to 12 free) and a good title.

Exactly. There are several really good articles on the site about it in the Brickvesting blog and in the personal blogs. There is analysis that shows it helps your item sell better.

Also Buy It Now only requires one person to press the button - make a good listing, you might get more value from your listing.

Bricklink selling is top down, so if you aren't cheapest in your region, it ain't going anywhere.

What are the fees, etc. like on Brickowl?

Here are the fees for the store. I don't use Brick Owl so I just looked this up on their website. I usually use eBay for selling and buying.

Store Fees

Promotion: Any store created in the first month (before the end of July) will receive free fees until the end of the year.

Brick Owl Fees

Store fees are 2.5% of the final order total for orders placed in your store.

There are no fees for having a store or listing items in your store.

There are no fees for buyers.

Handling / Packing / Lot Fees

Brick Owl does not permit any kind of added charges. The final price for an order on brickowl is the item prices + the shipping cost and nothing else. The shipping price is usually the cost of shipping plus the cost of packaging and handling plus any extra to cover fees or account for small orders.

Get more on one order saves on shipping. I'm also loving Brick Owl. Awesome interface, growing everyday, great service as a seller from tech support.

I'm glad to hear this one is growing, too. I have my plate full with eBay and Bricklink atm, but once we get past the Christmas season I'll have to check them out again.

One thing I always worry about is putting the same inventory on two venues at the same time - In my beginner days of bookselling I tried that and sure as anything, the same book would sell to two different people within minutes and one of them would end up disappointed by a refund.

I'd be nervous about duplicating my Bricklink inventory to Brickowl for the same reason, and don't really have the inventory to justify splitting it up for awhile at a least.

Bricklink is nice for buying lots of little pieces, but for selling, ebay has a much larger audience. There are higher fees on ebay, but with a larger audience you can mark the prices higher up. Plus there is some sort of buyer/seller protection (whether or not these work out in the right favor is another topic  :rofl:). 

Also the bricklink website is SOOO dated. My boyfriend was recently looking to buy around 4k pieces for a custom modular.. I guess the site isn't too user friendly either, because he made me find everything for him  :mellow:

Bricklink is nice for buying lots of little pieces, but for selling, ebay has a much larger audience. There are higher fees on ebay, but with a larger audience you can mark the prices higher up. Plus there is some sort of buyer/seller protection (whether or not these work out in the right favor is another topic  :rofl:). 

Also the bricklink website is SOOO dated. My boyfriend was recently looking to buy around 4k pieces for a custom modular.. I guess the site isn't too user friendly either, because he made me find everything for him  :mellow:

great...now the whole world knows..... =(

I pretty much only use Bricklink for buying pieces I need.  All selling goes to ebay and craigslist, and almost all of my listings are Buy it Nows with best offer.  Gotten burned too many times with auctions. 

I love having a store with a BIN requiring immediate payment. SO much easier.

• Like 1

just curious what you guys prefer to use when selling your Legos? Do you use Ebay or Brink link. while Ebay takes over 10% plus pay pal fees. Brink link seems to be a better choice since it starts off with 3%. any suggestions? thanks

I hardly use EBay at all anymore exempt for used sets. Bricklink is good, but I generally end up using it more to sell wholesale quantities of sets to overseas buyers.