Hello from West Virginia

Hello everyone, I'm Brian, in my 20's, and an avid LEGO collector from the great state of West Virginia. I have loved and collected LEGO for 17 years now and have an extensive collection. I received my first lego in '91, but really started collecting in '95. After a brief "Dark Age" in the early/mid 2000's, I returned. It seemed like TLG went through a "Dark Age"around the same time, as well. I have always collected City/Train sets, but do buy city like sets with vehicles or buildings that I can incorporate (i.e. Indy Jones, Adventurers, etc). I received my first lego in '91, but really started collecting in '95. I am a purist in the sense I do not break sets up for parts. I order from BL for my MOCs. As for my personal life, I am a Director of Maintenance for 96,000 sq.ft. of commercial office space and am set to become property manager. I have a Surface Mining Certificate and am able to operate heavy mining machines (I worked at a coal tipple for 3 years). I've had Type I Diabetes since I was 8, in which managing became difficult due to the physical nature my work at the tipple. I reluctantly had to choose between a great career path or a healthy life. Not a very easy choice. Well enough aboot that... My other interests include cars, motorcycles, pretty much anything with a motor that'll goes fast, mtn. biking, skiing, various other sports, going out with friends, NOT living with my girlfriend, mechanics, astronomy, FOOD, and collecting/painting Hot Wheel and Matchbox cars to name a few. I also have two cats what act like dogs... it's a bit confusing, but everyone loves'em. I guess thats about it, see you in the boards!

Hello everyone,

I'm Brian, in my 20's, and an avid LEGO collector from the great state of West Virginia. I have loved and collected LEGO for 17 years now and have an extensive collection. I received my first lego in '91, but really started collecting in '95. After a brief "Dark Age" in the early/mid 2000's, I returned. It seemed like TLG went through a "Dark Age"around the same time, as well. I have always collected City/Train sets, but do buy city like sets with vehicles or buildings that I can incorporate (i.e. Indy Jones, Adventurers, etc). I received my first lego in '91, but really started collecting in '95. I am a purist in the sense I do not break sets up for parts. I order from BL for my MOCs.

As for my personal life, I am a Director of Maintenance for 96,000 sq.ft. of commercial office space and am set to become property manager. I have a Surface Mining Certificate and am able to operate heavy mining machines (I worked at a coal tipple for 3 years). I've had Type I Diabetes since I was 8, in which managing became difficult due to the physical nature my work at the tipple. I reluctantly had to choose between a great career path or a healthy life. Not a very easy choice.

Well enough aboot that... My other interests include cars, motorcycles, pretty much anything with a motor that'll goes fast, mtn. biking, skiing, various other sports, going out with friends, NOT living with my girlfriend, mechanics, astronomy, FOOD, and collecting/painting Hot Wheel and Matchbox cars to name a few. I also have two cats what act like dogs... it's a bit confusing, but everyone loves'em.

I guess thats about it, see you in the boards!

No Star Wars?? Just kidding buddy, welcome to this AMAZING site!

Thank you for your greetings, TheOrcKing, Jeff Mack, plasticbrix, and stephen_rockefeller. Glad to be here on such a cool, unique site!

I'm also a Lego 'purist' in a way and also order from BrickLink. (From old sets that I missed the first time around to extra minifigs.)

Love the avatar, by the way.

I don't know what I'd do without Bricklink! Too bad there isn't a way to get a value off the stockpile of the pieces I've bought from there : ) Thanks for liking my avatar, it's been my background on everyone of my phones since I was 15. It still makes me laugh!

No Star Wars?? Just kidding buddy, welcome to this AMAZING site!

Sorry mate, my brother was the Star Wars collector, I was just city. Though, if I ever collected another theme, SW would be it, I love looking at the sets! My love of city probably stemmed from me collecting Hot Wheels and Matchbox longer than LEGO (22+yrs) and my early urge to build things. I just love cars ; )